Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

TC Electronics G-System

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Jazz Ad, Apr 6, 2005.

1. Jazz Ad

Jazz Ad Mi la ré sol Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

2. Bassic83

Bassic83

Jul 26, 2004
    Texas, USSA
    Good Gawd! OK, now I have to go home and change my shorts....

3. Jazz Ad

They're really inventive at finding new ways to take our money, aren't they ?

4. xyllion

xyllion Commercial User

Jan 14, 2003
    San Jose, CA, USA
    Owner, Looperlative Audio Products
    Dare I ask? How much do they want for this beast? Also, is it reliable? I used to own a G-Major. The effects were wonderful, but there was at least one software bug that TC support told me wouldn't be fixed and the knobs had a tendency to fail.

5. Jazz Ad

No price yet.
    It's been outted for the Messe.

6. SoComSurfing

SoComSurfing Mercedes Benz Superdome. S 127. R 22. S 12-13.

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
    Oh my goodness! That is beautiful!

7. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Looks a tad bit digital to me :p

8. N*Joy

N*Joy

Nov 30, 2002
    Birmingham, UK
    Wow, if they keep the price low on that I can see a slight downsizing of my pedalboard.

Edit to expand upon this.

I've had stupid big rack systems and multi-fx and currently a huge pedalboard controlled by a loooper which is the most effective and simplest set-up I've had so far. This however is pure genius, TC should now own the high end fx/rack/pedalboard market. The features are astounding, they haven't bothered (wisely) with OD's or distortions but have all the stuff TC are great at (modulation and delays) with a fantastic interface to integrate with your pre-amp of choice, your pedals or rack units of choice and provide a way to control it all.

I am so impressed, this is a major step forward in providing fantastic control over fx and pedals etc. without the need for midi controlled switchers etc.

9. xan

xan

Sep 10, 2004
    Perth, Australia
    i would sell my me-50b for that in a heatbeat... i assume they will be in a similar ballpark pricewise? with 25 effects they probably werent aiming to take the gt-6 market...

this thing will work fine for bass too im assuming ?

10. Jazz Ad

I don't have a hint of a price but I'm pretty sure you will be able to afford two-three ME-50Bs at least for the price of this thing.

11. xan

xan

Sep 10, 2004
    Perth, Australia
    might have to pass then.. for now.

12. RAM

RAM

May 10, 2000
    Chicago, IL
  13. N*Joy

N*Joy

Nov 30, 2002
    Birmingham, UK
    A bit rich for my blood, if it came down to less than €1000 including tax then it'd probably sell in spades.

14. Jazz Ad

I'm pretty confident that we can expect 1000 retail.

15. The Reff

The Reff

Feb 11, 2004
    Denmark
    It looks pretty nice - I wonder how it will compare to the G-Force

16. Kelly Coyle

Kelly Coyle Supporting Member

Nov 16, 2004
    Mankato, MN
    I think it probably is a tweaked and rehoused G-Force. It should put some stress on all of those Digi-Boss-o-Zoom floor things, although the price may work against that. (On the other hand, the Lexicon MPX-G2 never really got legs, so maybe not. I never got to play with one of those.)

17. Beammeup

Beammeup

Oct 7, 2002
    Denmark
    Yeah!
    We Danes rule :D

18. The Reff

The Reff

Feb 11, 2004
    Denmark
    +1

19. The Reff

The Reff

Feb 11, 2004
    Denmark
  20. [SD]

[SD]

Feb 24, 2004
    i wonder if the pitch effect and whammy effects will work well on bass...and also..since i guess you cannot bypass the whole pedal...if changing from one patch to another will give you that sec without sound that you get from some other multi-fx pedals