Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

TC Electronics M-one vs Boss VF-1??

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Bergerdude, Dec 15, 2005.

1. Bergerdude

Bergerdude

Jun 7, 2005
    Hi,
    So one of the guys in the band got a new M-one for $300 and I have a VF-1 that I got used/mint condition for $200.

Granted...he got a deal. But for another $100 is the M-one that much better for a bassplayer in a coverband?

Our premadonna guitarist kept complaining how the FACTORY presets on the VF-1 were noisy (as he yelled over his Mesa's tube hum)....

Is the noise difference that much different...again, once I tweak the settings of the VF-1?

2. N*Joy

N*Joy

Nov 30, 2002
    Birmingham, UK
    The VF-1 is far better bang for the buck, and it is geared towards instrument use. Granted I use mine for vocals, but even still the only advantage of the M one is better user interface and (surprise!) better delays. I used the M one for bass BTW and other than modulation, there is not much else to use it for - VF-1 will give you distortions and evelope filter style sounds etc.

3. CetiAlphaVI

CetiAlphaVI

May 27, 2005
    Midwest
    Most factory presets on ANY instrument effect unit like the Boss are generally not immediately gigworthy. They are strictly there to show you the capabilities of the unit itself and require tweaking. Does Prima Donna understand this?

And you will get more versatility out of the VF-1 than you would the M-One.