1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Tc Electronics Nd-1 Nova Delay

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Bassist96, Oct 14, 2013.

1. Bassist96

Bassist96

Jan 13, 2013
    Australia
    Hey everyone
    Just wondering if anyone has had any experience with the Tc Electronics Nd-1 Nova Delay pedal?

2. mouthmw

mouthmw

Jul 19, 2009
    Croatia
    I have its brother, TC Repeater. IMO it's a better choice if you don't need presets as it has better modulation control, supposedly better bypass and IMO better layout control. It's the bees knees really, awesome tones, very simple to use, great tap tempo. Best delay I've used on bass.

3. tonym

tonym Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2011
  4. Bassist96

Bassist96

Jan 13, 2013
    Australia
    So is there a huge difference between the modified version, and the normal nova delay?

5. tonym

tonym Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2011
    The iB Modified is supposed to have even better sound but I've only tinkered with the standard version myself. All of the info regarding the features, delay types, etc., on the review is the same. If you search "Nova Delay vs iB Modified" on Youtube I think there are a couple of comparisons to give you an idea.

6. pantherairsoft

pantherairsoft

Apr 22, 2009
    Derby, UK
    The iB Mod version has a different input and output buffer as well as some other slight tweaks that are not really well documented. In my opinion the buffer makes a difference on the bass - It's possibly the nicest buffer in any pedal I've every used. I find the buffer, matched with whatever else the algorithm in the iB does makes the attack of the delay sound lush.
    It may just be me imagining it, but I think the modulation is a little more subtle on the low end of the iB mod. Without an overdriven sound, or playing up high it's hard to tell the modulation is being used. A friend has the regular version and it seems a little more audible in the lows.

Both versions are excellent and IMO, tonally much nicer than the big boys like the TimeLine and TimeFactor.

Shep