TC Electronics RebelHead 450 for metal

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by jansenh, Aug 27, 2009.

1. old-fashioned

old-fashioned

Mar 25, 2005
    Ankara
    Thank you. A bit strange though...

2. I'm just guessing on the 2ohm power, but IMO and IME not strange at all. There are many ways to design these heads. The 8ohm versus 4ohm performance is similar to most solid state heads, where you get about 60% of the 4ohm performance at 8ohms.

2.67 or 2 ohm operation is all over the map with amps, depending on the design. For example, the EBS HD350 is 'safe at 2ohms' but puts out no more power than in 4ohms). Other amps give you a 10% to 25% or so boost in output from 4 to 2ohms.

I'm totally guessing on the 2.67 ohm operation of the head not putting out any (or much) more power. If it did, they would include it in the marketing spec:smug:

The TC Marketing guy is active on these threads, so hopefully he will give us the scoop.

3. jansenh

jansenh

Nov 22, 2005
    Stavanger
    I haven't played my cabs in 2x210 configuration. I either play 212+210 stacked vertically for smaller venues, or horizontally stacked 212 + 210 + 210. I still enjoy the vertical 212+210 a lot and will most likely continue to use that configuration in situation that calls for two cabinets. Adding the 3rd 210 cab is for situations that calls for more volume and punch.

The 212 isn't boomey or bassy to my ears when used with one OR two 210's, at least not with the music I play. My ESP bass is EQ'ed quite mid-range'ey, the RH450 is close to EQ'ed flat with 10 o'clock Comp and 9 o'clock Tube (the "Ampeg setting"...), and I play with a pick. It growls and punches just the way I like it. Keep in mind that I bought my Rebel stack to replace an Ampeg SVT-CL+ 810...

Henning - Norway

4. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 30, 2021