1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TC Electronics SCF for Bass?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by skb5string, Oct 1, 2008.

1. skb5string

skb5string Supporting Member

Jun 3, 2007
    Clinton Township, MI
    Anybody using one of these? I'm in the market for a real good chorus pedal that does not rob dynamics or add unwanted noise to the signal. Will be used with a Pedulla Penta Buzz fretless and my Pre-Gib Tobias. Just looking for some comments about the pedal, both good and bad. Thanks!

2. I really liked the pitch vibrato function. Very cool. The chorus was way too subtle for my tastes. It was a really well voiced chorus sound, but there wasn't much range available. If you've used a Boss chorus in the past, and never took the depth or rate past noon, then the SCF will be just fine. The flanger was meh.

3. skb5string

Jun 3, 2007
    Clinton Township, MI
    Thanks, I've used some of the Boss stuff in the past. I won't be using it for any crazy pitch mods or anything just well voiced "Clean" sounding chorus, mainly for my fretless.

4. bongomania

bongomania Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    When I searched on "scf" I got 82 threads. ;)

5. Webtroll

Webtroll Rolling for initiative

Apr 23, 2006
    Austin, TX
    I have the TC Chorus pedal with the flanger switch and the AC cable, is that the one? It's a great chorus for bass and guitar both and if I only use one pedal it's that one. I turn the effect down to where you can't even tell it's on, but if you turn it off you can hear the difference. It's pretty amazing.

6. skb5string

Jun 3, 2007
    Clinton Township, MI

Thanks, should have tried that..I was using "TC Electroinics" and the search function error out on me saying that "TC" is only 2 characters and the min was 3. My bad

7. skb5string

Jun 3, 2007
    Clinton Township, MI
    Yep, thats the one. Thanks!

8. SoComSurfing

SoComSurfing Mercedes Benz Superdome. S 127. R 22. S 12-13.

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
    I really like the SCF, and it's been for the past few years my "go-to" chorus pedal. That said, I find it a bit "dry" for my tastes. I like a rich, lush, "Fender-y" type chorus - very wet sounding. That ain't the SCF. That said, though, I still turn to the SCF as my #1.