1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TC Electronics Spectracomp

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by gimmeagig, Jul 22, 2017.

1. I have never been a huge fan of compressors but I have been using the EBS multicomp for a few years ( sparingly). When I learned how extensive the parameters in the spectracomp are I decided to retire the EBS.
    I have not tried to tweak the settings myself, I'm trying out different tone prints. Right now I'm using the Butter knife. I also like Captain East. One thing that bugs me is the fact that the compressor on makes the signal so much louder than bypassed. Then it's hard to gauge if it sounds better just because it's louder or if there is an actual benefit.
    I wish there was a way to change the toneprints so that there is more of a match in output On vs Off.
    But so far I'm very impressed with the pedal. I don't like squashed settings I still like attack and clarity to come out. I use very little compression no higher than 9:00 and that seems to be plenty.
    Which toneprints do you guys like?

2. Skeptismo

Skeptismo

Sep 5, 2011
    Washington
    I have to say I LOVE my spectracomp! I have been using compressless, but I also really like butterknife and captain east. I'm not going in and messing with parameters, I don't even want to. I love having a great sounding compressor with one knob, and since I use it as an always on pedal while playing live, I've not had any niggles with the gain / makeup gain. With my Compressore, I always felt that when my sound was great for low end it wasn't great for high end, and vice-versa.

Cheers!

cflat likes this.
  3. veryvery

veryvery

May 23, 2016
    CA
    I've been using the fed comp on my fretless.

I had that with the Diamond.

4. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Apr 18, 2021