1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

TC electronics triple-C

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by peterjc, Nov 5, 2004.

1. peterjc

peterjc

Nov 3, 2004
    netherlands
    i'm considering buying a TC electronics triple-C compressor
    has anyone experience with it
    I never used a compressor but I startin my own band where I will do a lot of slappin and tappin so I tought i would be a good idea to buy a compressor

2. Joe P

Joe P

Jul 15, 2004
    Milwaukee, WI
    Just the other day I thought how I love compression when I worked out a part that will be my first real SOLO I'll do in the band I'm with. At the end of one part I play an open E string, then pling two high harmonics simulteaniously on the D and G, and then shake the base for that freaky 'inertia vibrato'. I had so far been careful to not hit the E too hard, so that it blended in volume nicely with the harmonics during the shake. What I do now is intentionally hit it extra hard, so that you can barely hear the harmonics - it's no louder either way because of the compressor; the compressor clamps down for the heavy E, and effectively attenuates the harmonics - then as I grab the butt-end of the bass and shake it back and forth, I lightly mute the E-string within about an inch of the bridge so that it begins to die-out considerably faster than the 'free' D- and G-string harmonics. Because of the compressor, the overall volume stays the same, but the harmonics sound like they're swelling up out of the low-E sound.

Along with that Leslie-like shake-vibrato: Oh baby.

Joe

3. It's an excellent compressor with a lot of flexibility and tons of presets. One thing to consider is that the Triple C's are no longer in production and repair parts can be difficult to obtain.