TC electronics triple-C

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by peterjc, Nov 5, 2004.

1. peterjc

Nov 3, 2004
    i'm considering buying a TC electronics triple-C compressor
    has anyone experience with it
    I never used a compressor but I startin my own band where I will do a lot of slappin and tappin so I tought i would be a good idea to buy a compressor
  2. Joe P

Joe P

Jul 15, 2004
    Milwaukee, WI
    Just the other day I thought how I love compression when I worked out a part that will be my first real SOLO I'll do in the band I'm with. At the end of one part I play an open E string, then pling two high harmonics simulteaniously on the D and G, and then shake the base for that freaky 'inertia vibrato'. I had so far been careful to not hit the E too hard, so that it blended in volume nicely with the harmonics during the shake. What I do now is intentionally hit it extra hard, so that you can barely hear the harmonics - it's no louder either way because of the compressor; the compressor clamps down for the heavy E, and effectively attenuates the harmonics - then as I grab the butt-end of the bass and shake it back and forth, I lightly mute the E-string within about an inch of the bridge so that it begins to die-out considerably faster than the 'free' D- and G-string harmonics. Because of the compressor, the overall volume stays the same, but the harmonics sound like they're swelling up out of the low-E sound.

Along with that Leslie-like shake-vibrato: Oh baby.

3. It's an excellent compressor with a lot of flexibility and tons of presets. One thing to consider is that the Triple C's are no longer in production and repair parts can be difficult to obtain.