Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

tc electronics

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by MODNY, Apr 24, 2005.

1. MODNY

MODNY Guest

Nov 9, 2004
    ey
    since my limit light comes on on my wt-600

and it only really comes on when i am popping on the G string, would it be worth it to pick up one of those TC electronics compressor things??

i think what it does is like u can set how loud u wont the notes to be or somethingsomone was telling me, so like, notes on my G string when popped wont be so loud, doing this, i think will stop my output limit light from coming on

any suggestions

2. Plain Old Me

Plain Old Me

Dec 14, 2004
    Maybe you need an EQ?

3. MODNY

MODNY Guest

Nov 9, 2004
    i have an eq :help:

4. dood

dood

Dec 9, 2004
    sitting down,facingforward..UK
    Endorsements: Shuker Guitars, Dingwall Designer Guitars, D'Addario, Planet Waves, Barefaced Bass
    What cabs are you connecting to your head? could it be that maybe they are not allowing you to drive them at full power, e.g. impedance mismatch, so maybe driving the amp too hard to be heard? for example if the cab was an 8 ohm ACME, it'd sap alot of power and volume before it performs..so they say on TB.

Possiblity I guess.. If you were gonna buy a compressor, TC gets the thumbs up!

5. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    A compressor is what you need. A dbx 166x would work just fine. Of course, you'd have to know how a compressor works to get the settings right. However, it's no big deal thet you limiter light comes on every once in a while. That's what it's for.

BTW, "u" is spelled "you." Also, sentences begin with a capital letter. or u can seem like an idiot, ur choice.

6. dood

dood

Dec 9, 2004
    Endorsements: Shuker Guitars, Dingwall Designer Guitars, D'Addario, Planet Waves, Barefaced Bass
    heh heh, nice 2 see u hav a sense of humour! ;o) :cool:

7. Munjibunga

May 6, 2000
    Your question is not trivial. If Mr. Dood heeds my advice, he will be better for it. If he truly is illiterate, then he needs to consider where he wants to end up in the social spectrum. Tell me you've never judged anyone (say, me, for example). Haven't you already done that? I judged him for his pathetic spelling and grammar, and you're judging me for my apparent lack of tact.

8. MODNY

MODNY Guest

Nov 9, 2004
    i'm a do what i want, thanks for the input though

9. MODNY

MODNY Guest

Nov 9, 2004
    ps : munjibunga

i hate ur avatar, therefore your are an idiot aswell

10. Munjibunga

May 6, 2000
    Even Steven.

11. Munjibunga

May 6, 2000
    BTW, my old avatar or the new one?

12. Plain Old Me

Plain Old Me

Dec 14, 2004
    I don't like you, but I have to admit your old avatar was the most awesome thing I've seen on this forum :p

13. Hey "Munjibunga" I'm gonna visit my brother in Vegas this summer......Any chance of getting a UFO tour? Yer about an hour north arn't you?

14. Munjibunga

May 6, 2000
    You don't like me? Why not? I mean, c'mon, I like you. Why don't you like me? ... you hurting me ...

15. Munjibunga

May 6, 2000
    Well, it wouldn't be possible to get you on the base, unless you have top secret clearance with SCI access. If you try to come in from the back side, you will be detained and possibly incarcertated. Nosir, it's a bad idea. Even the President doesn't know everything that goes on out here. And that's all I can say, or I will be killed.

16. WalterBush

WalterBush

Feb 27, 2005
    Yuma, Az
    A compressor will solve your problem just fine, and anything by TC electronics is quality gear, although whether it's right for you is, of course, subjective. I personally like my old Hartke's compressor circuit. This causes a problem, since I no longer own my old Hartke :meh:

17. dood

dood

Dec 9, 2004
    Not to be too pedantic.. I think you got the wrong man.. I believe MODNY had the 'u' problem..

@ MODNY.. So what gear are you using with your Head. Can we help some more?

18. MODNY

MODNY Guest

Nov 9, 2004
    well
    i have a f-bass studio 5 string
    my accugroove tr210l
    wt-600

thats all i got

a dbx 166xl is 315 canadian brand new, they are 2 channel right??

how do u use both channels? i have a fretless bass aswell, a rob allen mb-2 5

could i set up the channels individually for each bass?

19. Maybe try lowering the G-string pole piece a lil as a cheap fix?

20. MODNY

MODNY Guest

Nov 9, 2004
    whats teh g-string pole piece?