1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

TC G-Major question

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by needmoney, Apr 18, 2006.

1. G'day,

The G-Major was the next thing I intended on purchasing, but thought about getting a compressor instead. My question is, to all of you G-Major owners. How is the built in compression on the G-Major?

I only have one space left in my rack, so I could get a fully fledged compressor (DBX 160a), or kill two birds with one stone and get this instead. I really dig the effects on the G-Major, and I know the compressor won't be 160a quality, but is it still fairly good?

Thanks a lot :)

2. No idea but if you consider a multi-fx rackunit you might as well look for the Rocktron Xpression as well. That unit is build for both guitar AND bass!

3. lonotes

lonotes A place for everything, & everything out of place

Oct 15, 2003
    Port Richey,FL
    I have a G-Major for my bass rig, it sits on a shelf. It seems to be a little noisy (just a wee tiny bit, but still noticable), and I couldn't get enough volume through it without distortion. On the other hand, I had another G-Major in a guitar rig, that I was very happy with. I just recently sold that rig, and the G-Major went with it. My dbx 160A has a permanent place in my rack, and is a significant improvement over the compressor in the G-Major (big surprise there, huh?)

4. ^^ Yeah I've been etching more towards a 160a, and probably later down the track I'll get an effects board that's more geared towards bass. THanks a lot :)