1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

TC Hall of Fame or IE Nimbus?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by ninjadeathfunk, Aug 9, 2012.

1. Or any other reverb pedal suggestions?

Those are the two that interest me. But please! Enlighten me!

2. behndy

behndy Banned

Nov 1, 2008
    California
  3. pineapplerobot

pineapplerobot

Jul 23, 2012
    Omaha, NE
    I was extremely disappointed by the Hall of Fame. The nimbus sounds great for bass! I actually used it on my guitar pedalboard for a show last night and it sounded awesome on that too! The best thing about that is the gain/reverb volume controls. Also, check out the Wampler Faux Spring reverb, that thing is amazing also! OOOOR you can check out the Malekko Chicklet I have for sale! Save some space on that pedal board!

4. Knettgummi

Knettgummi

Sep 28, 2011
    Replaced my Nimbus with the Source Audio Dimension reverb -- highly recommend it! Great sounding and more versatile than anything I know of in that price range.

5. The Dr. Scientist looks interesting. Thanks for the link!

Source Audio looks sweet too, but it's size is a bit large for the real estate I have methinks... which points me in the direction of the chicklet. How does the Malekko compare to the Nimbus in your opinion?

6. behndy

behndy Banned

Nov 1, 2008
    California
    Chicklet is WAY less versatile. the Nimbus is an awesome sounding 'verb for bass. Chicklet's...... a'ight.

7. Line 6 Verbzilla is the king of versatile reverbs until you you get to the big guns (Strymon, Eventide, etc). It sounds GREAT on bass and guitar and within each setting you're given a lot of control over your tone.

8. JEBassman

JEBassman Supporting Member

Jun 25, 2008
    Connecticut
    Has anyone tried the EBS DynaVerb reverb pedal? How does it compare to the others mentioned?

Thanks, Joel

9. Knettgummi

Knettgummi

Sep 28, 2011
    I haven't tried the DynaVerb personally, but the impression I've got from listening to demos is that it is well suited for a more subtle effect. I've heard some examples with solo bass tracks where it really shines.

The Nimbus, on the other hand, sounds really good with a longer reverb time and a wetter signal (IMO, of course). My only gripe with the Nimbus is that I found myself really missing a treble dampening filter -- other than that it is very good pedal.

Ultimately, I think choosing the right reverb can be kinda tricky. It all depends on how you intend to use it: style of music, arrangement, the kind of signal going into the effect (i.e. what kind of bass, strings, other effects you use), and so on. What works for one person could be completely wrong in a different setting.

My SA Dimension is the third or fourth reverb pedal I've owned and used over the last year and a half. This one is definitely staying, though. :)

10. autodidact

autodidact

Mar 13, 2011
    Lancaster, PA
    So if you're not CRAZY picky about it and just want a reverb that gets the job done take a quick look at a Digitech Digiverb. Its what I use and its enough to get the job done for like $40 used

11. EskimoBassist

EskimoBassist

Nov 2, 2007
    Leeds, UK
    You've hit the nail on the head there. The DynaVerb is a lovely pedal; it's very luscious and natural...but it doesn't get that spacious or dramatic. Even maxed out it wasn't enough for me, so I flipped it and got an M9 (loads of great reverbs inside). The DynaVerb is professional sounding and what it does it does very well - but it's definitely on the subtle end of the spectrum.

12. nsh50a

nsh50a

May 11, 2004
    Columbia, MO
    2 words. Neunaber wet. Although I am interested in trying the source audio reverb

13. I like the idea of the Source Audio due to the two presets. It would be sweet to have a subtle and natural verb on one and a more dramatic, ambient one on the other.

14. icecycle66

icecycle66

Feb 4, 2009
    Arizona
    Nimbus over Hall of Fame.

After spending about an hour with the Hall of Fame I found one useful sound.
    I immediatly found useful sounds all around the dial with the Nimbus.

15. I guess the question is now Nimbus or SA Reverb...

16. octaverazor

octaverazor

Jun 3, 2009
    Houma, LA
    I just got the Hardwire Supernatural from Pro Guitar Shop. I like it a lot.