1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  
  2. Welcome Back!  Please see this thread for more info about the site outage.  Thank you for your patience as we work out bugs and tweak server configs.

Tc spectracomp and active basses

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by jefflaserfist, Apr 10, 2017.

1. has anyone used the spectracomp with a G&l l2000 or a musicman stingray? Did the spectracomp have any problems with the hotter signal?

2. mmbongo

mmbongo Regular Human Bartender Supporting Member

Aug 5, 2009
    Carolinas
    Not an issue. One great thing about TC pedals is that they accept up to line level input so you basically can't overdrive them.

cflat, Rich Fiscus and Jonny_Orange like this.
  3. Rev J

Rev J

Jun 14, 2012
    Berkeley, Ca.
    I'm currently running one with my Fender Steve Bailey Jazz Bass which has an 18 volt pre amp in it and have no issues.

C/s,
    Rev J

4. nostatic

nostatic

Jun 18, 2004
    Lompoc, CA
    Endorsing Artist: FEA Labs
    Experimenting with one now with Fodera and Rob Allens. Behaves fine. Still need to tweak some tone prints though...

5. veryvery

veryvery

May 23, 2016
    CA
    I use it with a couple of active Ibanezes that I have. Works wonderfully with them.

6. Thanks for the input, i pulled the trigger on one today.

7. Works fine on both passive and actives for me. I'm really enjoying mine!

8. MrLenny1

MrLenny1

Jan 17, 2009
    New England
    I have it built in to my RH450.
    No issues with my 4 active basses, 9 & 18 Volts.

9. I have the spectracomp on all the time and I have a L2000 tribute. At the moment I'm using the Muscle Comp TonePrint but not had a single issue with any TonePrints. The only issue I had was totally my own fault; I tried messing with the editor and got a great sound while playing in to my computer, so I thought that's perfect, I don't want to loose that so I turn the single control knob off. At practice this did push something (my guess the make up gain) to much and I got some feedback. Beamed a new TonePrint in and all was good again.

10. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Apr 10, 2021