1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

TC Sustain or other? need mammoth fuzzy/synthy sustain.

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by bovine mind, Apr 15, 2009.

1. bovine mind

bovine mind

Jun 17, 2008
    San Francisco
    Checked Bongo's reviews and search, not much on this. looking for info on the 80's TC sustain, this version:

[​IMG]

or how it compares to the modern version.

what i want it to do:

A. place it after my EHX BMS, depth charge fuzz, boss OBD3. have it lightly even out the harsh peaks and troughs of aggressive tremolo picking/digging in, but MOST importantly have as infinite a sustain as possible on my fuzz and synth especially. i'm basically trying to hold fuzzed sub bass notes forever without having to keep my bass completely still. essentially have it compress my signal to mimic holding a note forever on an analog synth. even subtle movements will cause the output to sputter and loose tracking. unacceptable. DRONEL.

B. have the noise gate kill ALL hiss from my fuzz and ODB3. i run both at very high gain settings and the hiss is absurdly loud. like a swarm of cicadas. will it do this if it i put it after?

C. add a gain boost when engaged to kick my SVT-CL into subtle tube grit realm.

what i don't want it to do:

A. kill the fizzy gain of my fuzz.

B. produce any hiss whatsoever. i use a guyatone BL2 for what i want above and it produces way too much noise.

if this won't do it, what will?

2. bovine mind

bovine mind

Jun 17, 2008
    San Francisco
    bump, any thoughts?

3. bovine mind

bovine mind

Jun 17, 2008
    San Francisco
    last bump...

4. RCCollins

RCCollins Supporting Member

Mar 23, 2008
    San Diego, California
    i guess nobody has experience with that... :(

5. All I know is that that is alot to ask from one pedal

6. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    Idk anything about that pedal, but for your first request, you want a compressor. Not sure that thing is one, maybe it is. But one thing is for sure, the built in noise gate will most likely not do anything for noise outside of that pedal. Iow, it's just a noise gate for the built in distortion. Just a guess, but I don't think you'll get any of what you're looking for with that particular pedal, though I would be curious to play with one.