1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

TC TonePrints Editing Software: POST YOUR NEW TonePrints HERE..

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by kenstee, Apr 3, 2013.

1. kenstee

kenstee

Oct 9, 2009
    Anybody own a TC Electronic pedal with TonePrints capability? Well, the software editing app has just been released. In Mac and PC. It enables you to fine tune existing TonePrints or create your own TonePrint http://www.tcelectronic.com/toneprint-editor/support/ Gotta hand it to TC. They are definitely killing it in the pedal space!

Also, please post any new TonePrints you create here so we can all access and mod them....just note the name and what device it is intended for like Corona or Flashback, Flashback x4, etc.

2. I knew this was coming but just wasn't sure as to when. I currently own two of their toneprint pedals and may have to tweak. Thanks.

3. mmbongo

mmbongo Dilly Dilly! Supporting Member

Aug 5, 2009
    Carolinas
    TC continues to blow my mind. The Polytuner simply can't be touched by anything, and on the strength of that I bought their Chorus and Delay/Looper. I tried all of their overdrives as well, but they are not best suited for bass. Last week I got a BG250 amp and a Spark Booster pedal and they are both phenomenal, and their prices are incredible.

I have a preorder in for the Ditto Looper. If they made a compressor and octave pedal I'd be in line for those as well!

TC is some impressive stuff.

4. Agree 1000%!!!! Bought two BG250's, Vortex, Ditto, and got the Corona free with the second BG250. Love their stuff!!! How's the sparkbooster work with bass?

5. mmbongo

mmbongo Dilly Dilly! Supporting Member

Aug 5, 2009
    Carolinas
    The Spark Booster is killer. It's got so many modes you can find something to use it for!

It's a mild/light distortion.
    It's a clean boost.
    It's a fat boost.
    It's a mid boost.
    It's an EQ.
    It's a volume attenuator.

I'm using the 'fat' mode to get a fat, greasy, thick, old school sound. It's replacing my Pork Loin. I can nail my Pork Loin sound with it, and it's half the size.

6. Righteous!!! This may be one to get.... after I relieve my GAS for the T-Rex Bass Juice. Like you said, TC hasn't really nailed the bass distortion.

7. Anyone who has been able to get this to work? I try it on my Hall of Fame, but it seems my TonePrint never gets stored to the pedal when pressing "Store to Pedal".
    Any ideas on what's wrong? I'm running it on a PC.

[EDIT] Disconnected/re-connected USB-cable. Now it's responding instantly. Brilliant! :)[/EDIT]

8. kenstee

kenstee

Oct 9, 2009
    Hey TB'ers let's share some of the ones you create or modify! Post'em here.....

9. Did a programming of the Tone knob for the Hall of Fame. Quite happy with the response of these settings:

Attached Files:

10. rratajski

rratajski Commercial User

Jul 1, 2008
    Mount Laurel, NJ
    Builder for FUZZROCIOUS PEDALS
    This might be dumb of me, but is there a way to hear the changes one makes faster than tweaking, unplugging the pedal from the USB, hooking it up to the bass/amp, trying it, then repeating the process?

11. chumbo73

chumbo73

Nov 8, 2012
    Nice, TC is a step ahead. I'm like to support these guys.

I have the Flashback, is there a way of creating a tone print emulating flanger?

12. The changes you do in the TonePrint Editor effects the pedal instantly. So if you have the bass connected at the same time as the pedal is connected to the computer, you can play and try the settings while tweaking parameter values in the editor. :bassist:

13. [DEL]You can only create TonePrints for the designated pedal. I.e. for the Flashback you can only create delay TonePrints. However, you can add modulation to the delays, including flanger modulation (if I remember correctly).[/DEL]

[EDIT] I stand corrected. The Flashback has the possibility to create "modulation only" effects. See post from Alfonso below. [/EDIT]

14. chumbo73

chumbo73

Nov 8, 2012
    Yes, that's what I'm talking about. I've seen on a screenshot that you can edit the modulation, but I wanted to know what the results are and if creating some kind of flanger is possible.

15. Did I answer your question with my previous post? :confused:

16. RichSnyder

RichSnyder Supporting Member

Jun 19, 2003
    Columbia, Md
    Nice. I may have to buy a pedal just to support the concept.

17. chumbo73

chumbo73

Nov 8, 2012
    Yes and no. I know you can edit the modulation, but what about the results? Can you get a nice and usable flanger effect out of it?

18. [DEL]Just to clarify, the modulation is only affecting the delayed signal (i.e. the echoes). So you cannot get a "flanger-only" effect with the Flashback. Is that what you are asking for? In that case you need to buy the Vortex.[/DEL]

I don't have the Flashback myself, so I cannot record any examples. But I have the Hall of Fame reverb and it's the same story with that. You can add (and modify) modulation, but the modulation only affects the reverb part of the signal.

Hope that makes sense. :)

[EDIT] It's possible to create "modulation only" TonePrints with the Flashback. See post below for screen shots. [/EDIT]

19. ryansalmond

ryansalmond

Nov 21, 2007
    Canada
    I read the manual but I'm not sure- can this edit all sounds on a pedal or just th ones labelled 'toneprint'? Ie, can a corona chorus hold three of these or just one.