TCE BG EQ FX 4 DB 2 BG 2 UB

Discussion in 'Amps, Mics & Pickups [DB]' started by Remyd, Dec 1, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Remyd

Remyd

Apr 2, 2014
    St. Louis, MO
    Titling this thread really did make me smile.

Recently bought a TC Electronic BG250-112 combo to replace my old, heavy, crappy, beat up, and vastly underpowered Crate BX160 (a 115 which was starting to smell a little more burn-y and sound a little more fart-y than I was comfortable with). I needed something for doubling, and chose this one in large part on the recommendations of TB folks. I haven't been happier with a gear purchase since my bass. The tonal pallet is wide and on slab it requires earplugs when cranked. It should be also probably be illegal to play DB that loud, but knocking things around with the power of the low end is fun, and I don't even need a pre!

There's a club on the BG side that's been really helpful, but I need some DB deets: TC Electronic BG250 Club (Part 2)

Anyhow, since there seem to be a couple of folks using these for DB (and/or doubling) I wanted to ask 2 quick questions:

How do you EQ at the amp for DB? Does that change if you use a preamp?
    Do you use any toneprints and/or do you have any recommendations?

I have nylon strings on, an unbuffered piezo bridge wing pickup without preamp, and like a lot of thump, so I'm usually at bass -1.5, mid +1.5, treb -1.0 with gain of 6 or so and the master wherever during practice. Less bass and more treble at the jam session. I haven't been able to find a toneprint that doesn't suck the life out of my signal, so I haven't been using one.

2. Remyd

Remyd

Apr 2, 2014
    St. Louis, MO
    Just for a bump, would also like to know if anybody is using one of these for a ubass? Amazon gift cards always seem to appear at Xmas time, and it just so happens that Rondo is selling some uke basses on Amazon, and it just so happens that I have a new jazz gig that might be ubass friendly. What do you know about that?