1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TCE BG250 or Fender Rumble 150/350?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by George Mann, Sep 27, 2013.

1. George Mann

George Mann Banned

May 27, 2012
    Colorado
    Which one do you like better, and why?

2. Crystalman85

Crystalman85

Nov 30, 2008
    Chicago, Il.
    I've never tried out the tce bg250, but I have tried out the fender rumble 150 and I thought it sounded pretty cool. it does seem to deliver nice warm sounds with punch and clarity.

3. Stranger Danger

Stranger Danger Feel Like A Stranger Supporting Member

Jan 3, 2010
    Texas
    TCE

4. IntrepidCellist

IntrepidCellist

Sep 10, 2009
    Manhattan
    The TCE BG250 is probably the best deal going in terms of versatile, useful, and loud lightweight combos. Love the Tube Drive and the Toneprint functionality, and sounds awesome even without those functions engaged.

5. Crystalman85

Crystalman85

Nov 30, 2008
    Chicago, Il.
    I've seen a video demonstration on that amp and it does have a pretty cool sound. the tube drive is a pretty cool feature. it delivers tube-emulated sounds and it's very useful for playing hard rock and heavy metal music. that combo amp seem to be a pretty good choice for those who wants a combo amp with unique features.

6. sardocs

sardocs

Mar 31, 2013
    pender harbour bc
    I've not tried the TCE, but I was given a Rumble 150 combo about a year ago. I liked it quite a bit, until I hooked the line out to a 700watt Yorkville powered sub that it sits on top of. Now I really, really like it...

7. I have an TCE RH450 and I love it. Very flexible sound (rock, blues, jazz. Dirty, clean).Never really cared for the rumbles. Depending on where you play I would be concerned that the 250 might not have enough power. There are times I wish I had a little more but all of those have been outside events where we should have had a PA and didn't. That being said friends in the audience still said I cut through fine. I think part of my being satisfied with the RH is my Schroeder 1210L which makes every amp sound great.

8. George Mann

George Mann Banned

May 27, 2012
    Colorado
    Unfortunately, they appear to be unreliable.

9. Stranger Danger

Jan 3, 2010
    Texas
    You're like a wet blanket in every thread George.

OP, they are not unreliable. They are just as reliable as any other amp. That is to say a small percentage of them fail just like any other. If it's going to happen, it will happen very early on. If it's good after a few days then you will be fine. Again, this applies to all SS amps.

10. Linnin

Linnin

Jul 19, 2012
    Linningrad, Earth
    I really like the tonality of Fender Rumbles. They just simply sound great. They are extremely reliable. Either the 150 or 350 are totally gigable. I wouldn't hesitate to pick any Fender Rumble that meets your needs. My Rumble 350 head and two Rumble 112 neo cabs solidly pump out great sounding bass with complete authority.

11. George Mann

George Mann Banned

May 27, 2012
    Colorado
    I AM the OP! And I hope that they have sorted out their problems because I AM still interested in it.

12. Stranger Danger

Jan 3, 2010
    Texas
    Hajahaaahhaha! You trolled your own thread? That's awesome. Well George I've owned two of them and had no issues whatsoever. I got rid of them because I don't like 15s and the cover was too fragile and they aren't expandable except with a powered sub.

Again these amps are NO MORE LIKELY to fail than any other amp. They are not unreliable. This is not the Ampeg PF fiasco.

bajocallao likes this.
  13. Stranger Danger

Jan 3, 2010
    Texas
    They sound really pretty good. Very vintage voiced. Super lightweight, cheap and versatile. The tone print is really fun to play with. Built in tuner, etc.

The Tumble is weaker, less versatile, heavier and more expensive.

14. Stranger Danger

Jan 3, 2010
    Texas
  15. tbirdsp

tbirdsp

Sep 18, 2012
    Omaha, NE
    Been gigging my BG250 ( I guess I have to specify 115 now!) regularly for months with no problems.

16. Stranger Danger

Jan 3, 2010
    Texas
    I wonder how much the 208 is going to be? 25 lbs sounds righteous.