Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

TE cab is finally home

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Pantsman, Sep 20, 2005.

1. Yay, finally went and picked up my cab, total cost $281, $6 was for parking :D

Seeing as it ain't real till there is a photo, here ya go :cool:

although, I don't have a power amp yet so all i am using it for is a seat while i play through my practise amp :crying:

Better light in this photo, but it shows how beaten up this poor baby is, ahh well it still sounds great. Frankencab time :ninja:

2. Kelly Lee

Kelly Lee Yeah, I'm a guy! Supporting Member

Feb 17, 2004
    Marana, AZ, USA
    Now get in touch with British Audio Service to get the Trace logo back on there!

BTW, I have the same cab for my practice rig. :D

3. Coolies, got sound clips? :D i still haven't been able to hear it properly, tested it with a ibanez tube guitar head. I am actually re-covering it with eitehr zebra or tiger print faux fur :D the grill is being replaced eventually too, i am thinking about using the Trace guitar amp logo, with TRACE ELLIOT written in one long work and placing it where Marshall have their logo's.

4. Kelly Lee

Feb 17, 2004
    Marana, AZ, USA
    Sorry, no sounds clips at the moment.

When you get done with your recover post up some pics.

BTW, you are talking about this style right?
    [​IMG]
    If so, I think it would look pretty cool. Even cooler if you do it in Trace green! :D

5. Well this re-covering wont happen for awhile, i am under a pile of work atm ... and i am unemployed .. go figure, but yeah thats the badge.

The Zebra fur is actually green and black instead of White and black, so i reckon its the go for a trace cab .. btw, where do i sign up to join the Trace club, i nearly had a GP12VX tube pre-amp too, that thing was giving Tom Bowlus serious GAS. :smug:

6. Kelly Lee

Feb 17, 2004
    Marana, AZ, USA
    You all ready have. It's called a 1518. :smug:

7. basspunk2005

basspunk2005

Jan 31, 2005
    England UK
    nice cab mate, post up some sound clips if you can when your not busy. Also for one of my trace logos it sticks back on with the glue that was on the back, but one corner sticks out, so can i just use super glue to stick it back down?cheers. I saw the error in my ways about debadging them so they are back on:D

8. tombowlus

tombowlus If it sounds good, it is good Gold Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    Editor-in-Chief, Bass Gear Magazine
    'Tis true! Those seem quite hard to come by. From what I hear, though, that cab you picked up is one of their better ones, so hopefully this will work out to be a good deal for you!

Tom.

9. Moo

Moo Banned

Dec 14, 2002
    Oakland, CA
    Many years ago a 1518 was my first cab and all I had was my 25 watt practice amp. I wired up a jack in the back of the practice amp that disconnected the internal speaker when I plugged the 1518 in. It was still lame but a major improvement till I got a decent head. Only cost about a buck too.