TE GP-12 Series 6 on the fritz, worth repairing?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by lildrgn, Aug 1, 2021.

1. lildrgn

lildrgn

Jul 11, 2000
    Seattle, WA
    I bought a Trace Elliot GP 12 amp with the matching 410 cabinet sometime in the mid-90s. I got rid of the cabinet years ago, but still use the amp as my daily driver. It's developed a hum which gets buried when the band plays. However last night at a gig, that hum turned into a very very loud buzzing that was quite audible even when the band was playing.

About 15 years ago, a bandmate knocked the amp over when it was standing on its end, and it stopped working. I took it to a local shop to get it fixed, but I don't remember the shop name and I don't know if it even exists. Would it be worth repairing, or am I better off saving up for something different? I currently use that amp to power a 210 Avatar and a 115 Ashdown. I do not know the ohm ratings, but I know the head is compatible with the cabs. What are your thoughts?

2. agedhorse

agedhorse Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 12, 2006
    Davis, CA (USA)
    Development Engineer-Mesa Boogie, Development Engineer-Genzler (pedals), Product Support-Genz Benz
    A QUALIFIED service tech experienced in the old Trace gear should have no problem fixing it.

You might give these guys a call:

Aviator Audio
    23311 Highway 99
    Edmonds, WA. 98026

425-778-3409

lildrgn likes this.