1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Tea

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Aaron Saunders, Jun 16, 2007.

1. Aaron Saunders

Aaron Saunders

Apr 27, 2002
    Ontario
    Out of the habits I picked up at college, this is the one that has stuck the most. TEA! I got addicted to the stuff.

I've spent more than a good portion of my summer with a mug of tea and a book. Green tea, herbal tea, orange pekoe (I guess is the "standard" and what I drank mainly at school) etc., tea is the shiz.

What're your favourite teas? When I get my own place in August I want to have a solid variety of teas to drink...and I'm gonna have a lot of books to read, so I need to keep myself supplied :p.

2. soulgeezer

soulgeezer Inactive

Jan 29, 2007
    Northern New Jersey
    Endorsing Artist: Red Zone Effects
    Actually, my favorite - and I dare say I'm addicted, too - is Lipton in the yellow box. Many taste tests have said that it's the best tasting and I tend to agree. I drink, on average, 3 -4 cups a day.

3. darkfish01

darkfish01

Feb 11, 2005
    San Marcos, Tx
    As a Starbucks barista, I've gotten acquainted with several teas.

Currently, I drink iced peppermint green tea almost every day

I'm also a big fan of orange passion iced tea

If I'm feeling like having some unsweetened tea,
    I'll go for iced African Red Bush

When it comes to hot tea though, I'll opt for Refresh
    It's a minty green tea - good for when you're sick

4. As for iced tea, Arizona Iced Tea is delicious.

Real tea, just plain ol' Tetley. Would you believe that I can't find ANY out here in Arizona???

5. Masher88

Masher88 Believe in absurdities and you commit atrocities

May 7, 2005
    Cleveland, OH
    Oolong tea. Earl Grey. Chai Tea. Yum!

On another note....I've heard that herbal tea is NOT good for sore throats as it dries you out. Same for singers. It's not good.

6. v-12

v-12

Mar 3, 2005
    FL Panhandle
    either earl grey or english breakfast are my favorites, but i drink green tea through the day.

7. sweet tea made with lipton.

8. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL The Beagle Father Supporting Member

I really enjoyed the green tea we had in the chinese resturuant yesterday. I dont drink tea often but when I do I take a spearment or earl grey.

9. middy

middy

Mar 14, 2007
    Texas
    White tea is the best, IMHO.

10. Sarbecue Boss

Sarbecue Boss

Jul 9, 2006
    White tea or tetley's

11. saxnbass

saxnbass

Mar 9, 2006
    Nashville, TN
    Teltley's
    Bigellow
    Twinings

I don't really like Earl Grey though.

For Ice Tea, I like Crystal Light lemon

12. ROON

ROON

Aug 5, 2006
    Sydney, Australia
    786.jpg [​IMG]

:)

Russian Caravan is my favourite 'normal' tea. I got addicted to Chai a couple of years ago, it's got a taste like nothing else! Everyone go get ya'self some Chai!

13. Mark Wilson

Mark Wilson Supporting Member

Jan 12, 2005
    Toronto, Ontario
    Endorsing Artist: Elixir® Strings
    It's all Drummer Jon's fault. He got me hooked on it too! It got the point I NEEDED it to make it through Ben's Class. :ninja:

14. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    [​IMG]

Celestial Seasonings Madagascar Vanilla Red Tea

I **** you not, it taste like birthday cake.

15. Anthbass

Anthbass

Jul 24, 2006
    Canada
    I enjoy loose-leaf teas. When I was most recently in China, I was gifted several ounces of a particularly esteemed green tea called Dragonwell. It is almost meaty in flavor, very dark and quite strong. An excellent tea for those contemplative moments.

16. Jiggybass

Jiggybass

Nov 15, 2005
    Sudbury, Canada
    Earl Grey is delicious, but at any given time, any basic green tea is great!

17. ROON

ROON

Aug 5, 2006
    Sydney, Australia
    I dunno if that's a good thing or not. :eyebrow: :confused:

18. Cerb

Cerb

Sep 27, 2004
    Indiana
    There are VERY few prepackaged teas that I enjoy. I began drinking the stuff when I worked at a local coffee shop (Not Starbucks, who's lattes are horribly made, by the way). Loose leaf teas all the way for me. Oolong teas are some of my favorites, and I've even spent $60 a pound for a specific type before. White teas come in a close second.

19. basspraiser

basspraiser Jammin for the Lamb! Supporting Member

Dec 8, 2006
    Chicago - NW Burbs
    As a way to cut down caffeine and the amount of coffee I drank (which was way too much)...I have become addicted to tea as well (I was addicted in college but became more addicted to coffee after)....anyways - this franchise opened in our area and I am WAY too addicted.....

http://www.teagschwendner.com/US/en/Homepage.TG

they have well over 100 types of tea.....everything from earthy (think dirt) to fruit and flower teas and everything in between......I have found several (too numerous to mention) that I like....when I am drinking tea in the morning I like their English or Irish Breakfast teas or the Russian Somivar....when I want something "fresher" I like the orange or lime or lemon flavor (with real peels in the tea).....they have over 20 differnent green teas etc. they also have a chai that is much better that Starbucks (and that is hard)...

only problem is that I now have new box of Lipton that I cannot drink.....tastes horrible next to this GREAT tea! once you start ordering from this place, Lipton will not be the same again!

also - I do not get the acidic stomach I sometimes got with the "cheaper" teas.....

in a pinch, Twinnings is good.....I had some GREAT tea in Ireland recently - named Bewleys - kind of a household brand over their but much more flavourful and bodied than most teas sold here.....

peace..

20. wdinc01

wdinc01

Nov 19, 2005
    Jacksonville, FL
    +1! A dollar for a can the size of some of those horrible energy drinks that cost 2-3 as much? Yes please!

I usually go for the southern style, although I'm sure the other kinds are good, too. As long as it's sweetened. Their other flavours are good, too. I especially like watermelon.

Other than that, my father usually brews iced tea on Saturdays and we drink it throughout the week. I'm not sure which kind he uses (although I just looked around and saw Tetley. We have a small variety of teas in the pantry), but it's still good. He also discovered that the use of some kind of flavouring (parlimade?) gives a nice flavour to it. At first he would just brew the tea then add some in the glass, but then he decided to dunk the whole bottle of the stuff in the jug we brew our tea in. Tastes just as good.

So yeah, I prefer iced tea. Sweeten, although sometimes I'll drink it unsweeten. I also occasionally drink green tea. The last time I did, I think, was when I was at school and sick. I can just get a bottle out of the vending machine there for a buck. Drank in first period, it was refreshing.

As for hot tea, I just drink whatever my mother makes.

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 6, 2021