1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Teach Me Bass Guitar with Roy Vogt DVD set

Discussion in 'For Sale: Parts, Strings, and Accessories' started by nutdog, Oct 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nutdog

nutdog when I'm a good dog they sometimes throw me a bone

Feb 19, 2009
    in the dog house
    $125 shipped CONUS

IMG_7102_zpseb370fba.

2. Ukiah Bass

Ukiah Bass Supporting Member

May 10, 2006
    I've had this for a few years and am finally working through the lessons. Good course - Roy is a terrific teacher! I'm learning tons and especially love the loops that allow me to play lesson songs with his band. Let's me repeat and perfect as long as it takes without any griping by the band. :)

3. ChuckRth59

ChuckRth59

Oct 22, 2013
    Monument, CO
    I just bought the set and am getting started. Did you play bass before getting this course? If so, has it helped you a lot? I am in the phase of learning the fretboard and doing the exercises. I have played a long time in our church worship band, but feel I must learn more theory to get better and know more of what I am doing and why..

4. nutdog

nutdog when I'm a good dog they sometimes throw me a bone

Feb 19, 2009
    in the dog house

Yes I already played. I never used the course until Ukiah posted. I watched the first lesson and learned something. Wish I had something like this 25 years ago. I'm going to give it a go. Truth is I'm a terrible student.

5. Roy Vogt

Roy Vogt Supporting Member

Sep 20, 2000
    Nashville,TN
    Endorsing Artist: Kiesel, Carvin, Accuracy, Hotwire, Conklin Basses, DNA, Eden
    Wow! Thanks for the kind words, guys! :)

6. Ukiah Bass

Ukiah Bass Supporting Member

May 10, 2006

Yes, I have been playing bass for about 14 years. I believe a total beginner would have a hard time with this course. Aside from the intro lessons, the material ramps up quite quickly and would be confusing unless a brand new student had someone to guide them through. Nothing against the course -- there's only so much you can do with remote lessons like this for someone who knows nothing about the subject. On the other hand, if you've got some experience with electric bass and are looking for a way to organize and accelerate your progress, and want a DVD-style instruction program, this is the course to get.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.