Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Teacher need in the MD/DC/VA area

Discussion in 'General Instruction [BG]' started by Bezo, Jul 17, 2005.

1. Bezo

Bezo

Aug 10, 2004
    Can anyone recommend a bass teacher in the area? I'm in Silver Spring, MD. The closer the better, but a good teacher any where in the area would be great.

Thanks!

2. groove100

groove100

Jan 22, 2005
    VA.
    hey man im from fairfax VA, and i do teach, but that is a lil far from where you are. have you checked on chuck levins for any listing?

3. Bezo

Bezo

Aug 10, 2004
    That is a bit far. Now that I think about it, I should of said MD & DC since I'm just north of the District. But I may be contacting you soon. I've been looking(not as hard as I should be) for a little while. Do you specialize in any styles or genres?

I always get Chuck Levens and Victor Litz mixed up. Chuck Levens is Washington Music Center in Wheaton, right? I was just there buying strings, but didn't check any listings. Where are they posted?

And thanks for the reply!

4. groove100

groove100

Jan 22, 2005
    VA.
    yea, washington music center in wheaton. they have listings of teachers in the area.

And for me the area of my teaching is leaning toward jazz and blues.

5. Bassinthehole

Bassinthehole

Jun 21, 2005
    I took lessons with a guy in Silver Spring who was a pretty good teacher, I also know that there's a guy who always posts for lessons in local papers & websites. Let me know if you want names & contact info.

6. Bezo

Bezo

Aug 10, 2004
    I would definitely like that contact info. I'm going to send you a private message in case you don't come back to this post.