Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Teacher

Discussion in 'General Instruction [BG]' started by FunkySpoo, Mar 8, 2002.

1. FunkySpoo

FunkySpoo Supporting Member

Feb 6, 2002
    I'm looking for a teacher in the Rockville/Germantown/Gaithersburg area of Maryland. Preferrably in the jazz/blues genre. If any of you know of anyone or if there are any teachers reading this board and have an opening please let me know. Thanks

2. frankencow150

frankencow150 Guest

Oct 17, 2001
    Check out Victor Litz.There's a guy there named Dale Kotler.I just quit taking lessons(i just didnt feel like it anymore) and there should be a spot open on thursdays at 3:30.There might be more im not sure.He's a cool guy,he knows alot about theory.He taught me mostly rock because I wanted to learn it,but he also taught me a little blues.He also plays guitar so sometimes I played along with him.He has a beautiful Fender MIA jazz 5-string too!You might want go there and talk to him,or give him a call.Go to www.victorlitz.com for the phone number and directions.It's in olde town gaithersburg.Good luck.

There's also a place called Arts and Music Center)something like that) in Rockville,which I've heard good things about.

3. cassanova

cassanova

Sep 4, 2000
    Florida
    i think TalkBass's Brad Johnson is in your neck of the woods, I dont know if he gives lessons or not, but it never hurts to ask him.

4. FunkySpoo

FunkySpoo Supporting Member

Feb 6, 2002