Teachers in Ithaca area?

Discussion in 'Jazz Technique [DB]' started by hunta, Apr 28, 2005.

1. hunta

Dec 2, 2004
    Washington, DC
    I'd like to take lessons over the summer and I'm looking for a good DB teacher. I searched through the forum and saw Henry Neubert from Ithaca College's name mentioned, can anyone tell me more about him? I've been playing DB for less than a year (Electric for about 12), I'm currently working on the capuzzi concerto (I'm not really sure if that's good progress for a year or not). I'd like to start working on thumb position and really make a lot of progress over the summer so I can hopefully get a half decent chair with the college symphony next semester :)

Perhaps slightly off-topic.. but I am also very interested in the rabbath method, although everyone hates his technique at Fredonia (my teacher HATES rabbath). My old electric teacher played DB and was a rabbath man, and he was AMAZING. I really can't understand why people in Fredonia hate the technique so much. I would like to learn more about it but I'm worried because my teacher jumps all over me if I just pivot half a position on my thumb (even when the notes are perfectly in tune).

Thanks guys
  2. EFischer1

EFischer1 Guest

Mar 17, 2002
    New York, New York
    Henry Neubert is awesome, there is no teacher that even comes close to him in the area. However, he is retiring this year so I would try to get ahold of him soon if you can. email me if you need any more info or contact info. Best of luck.
  3. docwang78

May 3, 2005
    Nicholas Walker is moving up there (Ithaca) and he will be taking over Henry's post for next year. Also, he is one of Paul Ellison and Francois Rabbath's students. Email me if you want his contact info.