Teachers in Tennessee

Discussion in 'Jazz Technique [DB]' started by Steve Killingsworth, Aug 29, 2002.

1. Does anyone know any teachers in West or Middle Tennessee (basically the area from Memphis to Nashville)?
  2. Chris Fitzgerald

Chris Fitzgerald Student of Life Staff Member Administrator

Oct 19, 2000
    Louisville, KY
    Where does Knoxville fit into this picture geographically speaking? I know a couple of jazz guys at UT...
  3. Knoxville is at the wrong end. It is about a 6 hour drive from home. I am apx. 2 hrs from Memphis and 2.5 from Nashville.
  4. Hey Steve,
    Where do you live? I live in Franklin, about 14 miles south of Nashville. The Cool Springs area. My Teacher Dave Wascher is in Nashville. Two and a half hours would get old to drive but thats up to you. Dave is a great guy and I feel a very good Teacher. He is a Strings Teacher but he plays Bass and knows what hes doing. He is the Owner/Teacher/Luither of www.nashvilleviolins.com He may know a Teacher closer to you if interested.
    Give him a call he may can help you out.

If the world didnt suck we would all fall off......
  5. ZuluFunk

ZuluFunk Supporting Member

Apr 14, 2001
  6. well im pretty sure reggie wooten doesnt play double bass, only guitar and electric bass. i used to take a few guitar lessons from him trying to pick his brain on all the stanley jordan type stuff he does. as for the upright i take from Jim Ferguson who is now on the jazz faculty at MTSU in Murfreesboro. He lives up in Nashville and does teach private lessons as well. Hes an amazing player and a great luthier too. You could always give him a call. And Edgar Meyer teaches at Vandy, so im sure you get a lesson from him sometime if you are on that level.you can contact Jim at www.jimfergusonmusic.com