Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Team America: World Police.

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Benjamin Strange, Oct 19, 2004.

1. Benjamin Strange

Benjamin Strange Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Owner / Tech: Strange Guitarworks
    Wow. Just wow. Anybody seen this besides me? I went to see it by myself today, and I wish I had gone with a group. I laughed my tuckass off. Yes, the whole movie is done with puppets, and yes, that joke does get old sometimes, but otherwise it's a pretty amusing movie. Certainly for fans of Southpark, as it is beyond distasteful, and takes crass humor to all new lows.

I recommend this movie for those people who have no pride whatsoever, or those who are drunk.

2. Well in that case I will see it on 12/13 :D

cause I'll be turning 21, therefore drinking....did you get it? :eyebrow:

3. how does it compare to baseketball?

4. Benjamin Strange

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Didnt' see that one. I'd say this is pretty similar to Orgazmo, though.

5. my guess would be somewhere between that and citizen kane, only with puppets. :D

6. xcental34x

xcental34x

Feb 28, 2003
    Memphrica, TN
    Hey Benjamin, I promise I will never die.

AMERICA $$*(& YEAH!

7. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Anyone else catch Parker and Stone on Conan last week? They talked about their blowing up of Michael Moore in this movie and how that came about:

The way Parker said that last line was pretty funny.
    A lot of people STILL think that Parker and Stone did that animation in Bowling for Columbine when they actually had nothing to do with it. That's pretty lame thought that Moore hired out someone else to do a Southpark lookalike cartoon after they refused to do it.

brad cook

8. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    Stupid fat people. And their fake south park.

9. Against Will

Against Will Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2003
    Big Sound Central
    Death to Tubby!

PS: I will see this movie...but I don't know when.

10. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
    Freedom costs a buck-o-five. :D

I thought it was hilariously funny and the satire about America always "Trying to Help" is way too true.

11. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
  12. Benjamin Strange

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
  13. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    I've actually seen more gratuitious vomit scenes-I'll try to remember which ones...

14. Toasted

Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    Ill be seeing it the moment its released in my pop-culture backwoods of a country.

15. the barf-a-rama in "Stand By Me".

the Exorcist.

"me" in the theater when I saw the bathroom stall scene in "Trainspotting". ew :eek:

16. I heard that got cut out to keep it at an R rating.

Yes, a puppet sex scene.

17. McHack

McHack

Jul 29, 2003
    Central Ohio!
    ROFLMAO... My wife saw it, but I was at a wrestling workout w/ the #1 son, sooooo... I still haven't seen it. BUT, she's going around the house singing that bit, ALL DAY...

I saw the vomit scene on some TV show... OUTSTANDING!!!!

The other line that keeps coming up around the house is: "It's not about the sex, its about the trust!"

18. brianrost

brianrost Gold Supporting Member

Apr 26, 2000
    Boston, Taxachusetts
    I went to see the very first showing at the local cineplex and laughed my butt off. It manages to insult just about everyone, has a lot of tasteless humor and yes the sex scene is a total riot. I'll have to watch it again just to try to catch all the references to other movies that they put in (off the top of my head: Armageddon, Kill Bill, the Broadway show "Rent", Star Wars, Rocky, Star Trek TNG).

I'm old enough to have seen all the Gerry Anderson puppet shows (Supercar, Fireball XL5, Stingray, Thunderbirds) when I was a kid so the puppetry thing was right up my alley.

19. Rapscallion2112

Rapscallion2112

Apr 21, 2004
    Detroit
    i saw it the opening night with a group of my friends. we're all huge fans of those two guys and their out their humor.

well, i loved that movie, almost pissed myself when the 'theme song' came on.