1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TecAmp Black Cat

Discussion in 'For Sale: Europe & International' started by ogar, Sep 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi there,

had it listed here for a while, but then changed my mind and decided to keep it. It really sounded great with my PJB NEO 8B cabinet. Clean, deep and present, bit on a vintage side, but still quite versatile. However, the cab was damaged lately during the transport from a gig and as I already have another amp (cheap but good enough), I have to sell this to raise money for a new cab.

Anyway, this is a great head, believe me. Point-to-point all tube preamp with simple passive Bass-Mid-Trebble EQ. But the Colour knob can quickly get the sound from thick and creamy blues-rock to an edgy rock sound (think about the nasal P-Bass pick sound). The more you crank the Gain, the more fat and gooey it gets, but only up to the very slight overdrive. This thing is made to stay clean all the way up (and my bass is equipped with super hot humbuckers).
    The cleverly designed power section consists of two modules, each rated 500W/4 Ohms, which can be bridged to 1000W/8 Ohms. So you can either use big 8x10 fridge and feed it all the juice, or use various combination of different cabs and even regulate the amount of power for each module independently, very cool design indeed! Can get really loud, if you have the right cabs.
    The construction is top-notch, it has the boutique feel you'd expect from German engineering, everything is solid and build to last. Not a lightweight by todays standard, but not a heavy either. I think the 9 kilograms/19 pounds is still quite manageable. The amp is in great condition, there's really nothing wrong with it. It is stored in a original TecAmp rack bag, which I include for free.
    Black Cat is now (long) discontinued, but back then they charger 1900 Euros for new. I want 500 Euros (shipping excluded), need a new cab, really, but... if you have some smallish combo with possibility of adding another speaker (like Markbass or H&K Quantum line) I am opened to your trade offers.
    Thanks for looking!

P.S. the manual (sorry, German only) can be downloaded here: http://www.tech-soundsystems.de/TecAmp/fileadmin/manuals/Manual_BlackCat.pdf

Attached Files:

2. sorry guys, this one is sold.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.