1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD TecAmp PUMA 1000-Powersoft

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by ted burik, Jan 15, 2016.

1. ted burik

ted burik Supporting Member

Feb 22, 2006
    San Rafael CA
    Price:
    SOLD: TecAmp PUMA 1000 (Powersoft)

For sale is my TecAmp PUMA 1000. I purchased this amp new from Glenn at ABT about 4 years ago. The amp is in good to very good condition with minimal wear and tear; I've used it mostly for jazz rehearsals and gigs on both upright and electric and it has performed flawlessly. This is the Powersoft version of the amp-incredible tone control with a bit more presence in the low end than the current ICE version, great versatility, and gobs of power. I currently own four TecAmp amplifiers (you could say I have a soft spot for these amps!) and just need to lighten the load. Will ship in the original box and soft TecAmp case.

Specs
    -Power rating:
    Stereo, 500 watts rms into minimum 4 ohms, approx. 300 watts into 8 ohms; bridged, 1,000 watts rms into minimum 8 ohms
    -Input impedance: 1MΩ-great for upright basses with piezo pickups
    -Tone controls lo: ±12dB @ 70Hz; lomid: ±12dB @ 250Hz; hi-mid: ±12dB @ 800Hz; hi: ±15dB @ 5kHz
    -Taste control: contours bass tone to mid focus or low focus
    -Compressor: includes control for attack time
    -Boost buttons bass: +12dB @ 30Hz; hi: +12dB @ 10kHz
    -XLR DI output pre/post switch and capacitor coupling for phantom-power protection
    -Power amp topology Class D
    -Output jacks Two Neutrik Speakon
    -Weight 4.4 lbs
    -Made in Germany

$875 shipped CONUS; Paypal OK, NO Trades. Please PM me to have any questions answered. Thanks for looking!

IMG_5553.jpg IMG_5556.jpg IMG_5460.jpg IMG_5560.jpg

Last edited: Jan 18, 2016
  2. What does "minimum" mean in relation to Ohms? In Stereo can each side provide power of 500 Watts to a 4 Ohm cab? Mono-bridged is that 1000 watts into an 8 ohm load only? What happens if you mono-bridge into a 4 Ohm 8x10?

3. ted burik

Feb 22, 2006
    San Rafael CA
    Yes, in stereo mode, each channel can provide 500 watts of power into a 4 ohm cabinet; you can run two 4 ohm cabinets while in stereo mode. In bridge mode, you can run one 8 ohm cabinet, and it will receive 1000 watts. The "minimum" means don't go below 4 ohms in either channel when in stereo mode or below 8 ohms when in bridge mode. Hope that helps!

4. ted burik

Feb 22, 2006
    San Rafael CA
    Deal pending...

5. ted burik

Feb 22, 2006
    San Rafael CA
    SOLD