1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

TecAmp PUMA 1000

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by melodiaopus, Aug 7, 2012.

1. melodiaopus

melodiaopus Supporting Member

Feb 9, 2007
    Austin, TX
    I am selling my TecAmp Puma 1000 that I bought from Austin Bass Traders on June 1st of this year. It has been on one gig where I hardly used the head. I ran the head through it's DI port into the PA with very low levels. Ever since then it has been sitting in my studio. I am downsizing since this head is a bit too much head for me. I don't need a 1000 watts of power going into a 4ohm. I also bought the TecAmp soft case for it as well that I'll throw in the mix.

I paid over $1,900 for the head and waited for quite sometime to get it since it had be shipped from Germany. So, here is your chance to get an awesome head with a whole heep of awesome features. An amazing compression knob, best built in compression I've ever used. I compare it to the MXR or EBS line compressions. Bass Boost/Treble Boost push buttons really cut through the mix of any live gig or studio recording. Plus a whole lot of other options. Comes with orginal box (I'll have to find it). Plus owner's manuel, steady cloth and more.

I'm asking $1800 for it.

Let me know if you're interested.

2. I'm confused by this amp. Can it bridge to 1000 watts through a single 4Ω cab?

3. melodiaopus

Feb 9, 2007
    Austin, TX
    Yes. you can bridge this amp to 1000 watts into a 4 Ohm cab. There is a section to plug in a Speakon Cable to bridge mode and press the Bridged button on the back and your setup to go.

4. melodiaopus

Feb 9, 2007
    Austin, TX
    Bump for make me an offer day. I'm open minded, but at the same time it better be reasonable. This is brand new, only two months old!!! I'm looking to swap it out for a PUMA 500 so I can get some cash back. Hit me up with your offer either PM or through this thread.

Adam-

5. melodiaopus

Feb 9, 2007
    Austin, TX
    Bump for a great piece of equipment.

Price drop $1700. This is practically brand new, will ship with original packaging... this amp has hardly been played.

-Adam

6. melodiaopus

Feb 9, 2007
    Austin, TX
  7. melodiaopus

Feb 9, 2007
    Austin, TX
    Price drop for a two month old TecAmp Puma 1000

$1500 shipped. Comes with Soft rack case that screws into the head. Very stable and an amazing sounding amp. It's just a little bit too powerful for me. Looking for trades as well.

Possible trades:
    Puma 900 + Cash
    Aguilar DB750

Looking for mostly heads for trade.

Thanks,

Adam

8. coribass

coribass Banned

Feb 21, 2009
    Ill trade you a mint Epifani 902

9. melodiaopus

Feb 9, 2007
    Austin, TX
    I owned a 502 that I just didn't like the tone of. It was too dark. Thanks for your offer, but I'll have to pass.

10. Snoopygore71

Snoopygore71

Sep 24, 2007
    Melbourne
    Melodiaopus, this bridges to 1000w at 8ohm, not 4 ohm.

500w per side at 4 ohm.

Great sounding amp, best of luck with sale.

Cheers

Steve

11. otto B

otto B Supporting Member

Dec 17, 2007
    Fort Bliss Texas

The old version of the Puma1000 used to be;
    1000 Watts @8Ohms
    2x 500Watts @4Ohms

The New version of the Puma1000 is;
    1000 Watts @4Ohms
    2x 500Watts @2Ohms