1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Tech 21 amp and cabinets?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Qvist, Sep 15, 2008.

1. Qvist

Qvist

Jul 20, 2007
    Denmark
    I've recently begun to pay a lot of attention to Tech 21 and their products, but I've never come across any talk about their amps and cabinets. Any owners here who can give a little presentation on sound quality, price and durability?

2. qtowens

qtowens

May 30, 2008
    Ferndale, MI
    I have a Tech21 Trademark 10 for guitar. Best investment I ever made for home recording/practice. I have used it for recording bass with great results.

3. scottbass

scottbass Bass lines like a big, funky giant

Jul 13, 2004
    Southern MN
    Lots of us TB'ers use a Tech 21 SansAmp preamp, either the BDDI or the RBI. I love my RBI preamp, and there is much love in this forum for both the BDDI and the RBI.

4. Mcrelly

Mcrelly

Jun 16, 2003
    Minnesota, USA
    Ihave owned a RBI, RPM and trademark 60 guitar combo. I've tried the LM300 bass head, LM60 bass combo on gigs.

I believe the strength of tech21 products is in the preamp circuitry. the guitar amps are pretty good, but the bass head was heavy for the amount of power 300w into 4ohms @ 20 Lbs and a 600w version was 40 Lbs. didn't seem like a good deal FOR ME, but it does have the RBI & RPM preamps incorporated into the head.

The bass combo was dissappointing for me, boxy sounding, but again had the RBI built in.

On the bass side I'm impressed with the RBI preamp and the 410 bass cabinet.

If I were to buy separate preamp and amp again I might consider an RBI again.

I think there stuff is built well.

5. Qvist

Qvist

Jul 20, 2007
    Denmark
    So let me know if I've understood this correctly, you can buy one of their cabinets, like a 410 for example, and use the RBI as the head exclusively? I've always thought people who used the RBI would run it with a GK, Ashdown og any other head with it.

6. No. You still need an amp to go along with the RBI. Although, it could be plain old power amp or a bass head.