1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Tech 21 Bass Boost FUZZ

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Dr3thepooner, Aug 3, 2012.

1. Hello All,

I have recently received Boss ODB3, as a present and not too crazily in love with it.

I still have time to exchange it :p if i'd like to, was looking at this - http://www.tech21nyc.com/products/effects/boostbfuzz.html

Tech21 Bass boost fuzz pedal, looks like it has a nice option of mixing your clean / dirty signal. I am to try one today at the store, but the band setting is what is really important though.

If anyone used this pedal at a gig or at the practice, please let me know how it does with drums and guitar. I know ODB3 was getting lost with my drummer's double kick very easily - while just providing a lot of low end.

2. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    Like so many things, it's really a matter of personal preference. many bassist's love the ODB-3, many don't. It'll be the same with the Tech 21 pedal. Only YOU will know if it'll work for YOU.

3. Laurent

Laurent Supporting Member

May 21, 2008
    Napa, California
    Any update on how this new pedal sounds and performs?
    Many thanks.

4. Laurent

Laurent Supporting Member

May 21, 2008
    Napa, California
    Nobody has tested this new pedal?

5. kris pung

kris pung

Jul 25, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    Very interested in this too

6. alec

alec

Feb 13, 2000
    Perth, Australia
    There was a post a while ago from someone who returned it because it sounded ordinary.