1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Tech 21 Bass Driver Deluxe Active bass drain?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by TamHellspawn, Jan 3, 2012.

1. Hey, looking to get a tech 21 bass driver deluxe sansamp, or the vt model, but im just wondering if there are any issues (other than gain levels) with the inputs with active electronics.

Im really just wondering if when i am using one active bass in input one, whether or not the active bass in input 2 is grounded out, or just no longer a part of the circuit? and whether or not im going to have problems with my 18v/9v source becoming unreliable.

Don't know if this is the right spot to post, or if this has come up before, but i couldn't find any information.

Thanks for your time,

M@

2. tech21nyc

tech21nyc Commercial User

Aug 17, 2010
    Manufacturer: Tech 21
    If you use 1 input (input A) this will connect you to both inputs to allow you to access both channels. When you plug a second instrument into input B the channels are internally separated. I'm not quite sure what you mean by your active instrument being "grounded out."

3. I have a stereo out from my bass, Im basically wondering if the inputs (either one) are stereo or mono, So that if im using a stereo trs, that the ring and sleave are or are not connected while using the other input, thusly connecting ring and sleave for my 9v's and draining my battery(in the bass)?

I hope that makes sense... I just want to know if when i change instruments during a long set, is my bass still going to have juice, or is it going to be constantly using my active battery supply?

4. tech21nyc

tech21nyc Commercial User

Aug 17, 2010
    Manufacturer: Tech 21
    Would you provide a little more information about your bass. Is this a stock model or was the stereo system installed as a mod. The electronics, is one side for a piezo and the other for your passive or active pickup system etc...