No longer available Tech 21 dUg Pinnick DP-3X Signature Pedal - Pre-Amp for Bass

Discussion in 'For Sale: Effects and Pedals' started by maverick49, May 18, 2018.

1. maverick49

maverick49 Gold Supporting Member

Jun 13, 2012
    Southern California
    Price:
    Up for sale is a pretty much brand new Tech 21 dUg Pre-amp pedal. Decided to give it a try since I am a fan and had the pleasure of seeing dUg demo it at NAMM this year. This is a fantastic pedal, no doubt about it. While it may not be for everyone, it has many tone options from vintage to dUg/Squire sounds. It nails dUg's tone but also can be clean and well rounded. I am not a compressor fan but the one built into this is very nice. Tuner works great and the chunk/drive/gain combo can get you deep clank for days. Personally, I think this pedal is better than the Bass Fly Rig. I am releasing this one back into the wild because my SansAmp ParaDriver still gives me the tones I am looking for. Has all of the original goodies, power adapters, and tin.

$265 shipped CONUS

Trade interest - analog delay, Octave, envelope filters

IMG-5946.JPG IMG-5947.JPG

Last edited: May 19, 2018
  2. DDXdesign

DDXdesign formerly 'jammadave' Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 15, 2003
    Vegas
    Tempted to give this a second try after having one briefly. Hmmmm.

maverick49 likes this.
  3. BunchyMutt

BunchyMutt Supporting Member

Jul 3, 2014
    Ugh, I'm just leaving grad school so I'm between jobs so to speak. Can't wait to give this a spin. I sorta (read hate/love) appreciate that you referenced Squire. I haven't seen any direct comparisons in the main thread but I've always thought there was something very Squire-esque about the tone this pedal brings, i.e. suuuuuuuper supportive while also being able to be heard :)

Last edited: May 18, 2018
    maverick49 likes this.
  4. andrew

andrew

May 20, 2000
    Vancouver BC/Pacific Northwest
    Endorsing Artist: Aguilar Amplification, Spector, Regenerate Guitar Works, Tech 21 NYC
    There's actually a YES setting in the manual.

GentProvocateur and maverick49 like this.
  5. maverick49

Jun 13, 2012
    Southern California
    Added trade interests - analog delay, Octave, envelope filters

6. juggernaut7

juggernaut7

Nov 11, 2009
    What brand names are you looking for ?

7. maverick49

Jun 13, 2012
    Southern California
    With so many brands out there, hard to do. No TC, MXR, Maxon, Boss, Digitech, Mooer. Have/had many of those. Higher end/boutique would be of more interest. Feel free to run more by me in PM. Worst you will get is a no thanks!