1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Tech 21 Landmark 60 Appreciation.

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by jobu3, Aug 31, 2008.

1. jobu3

jobu3 Artist formerly known as Big Joe

Feb 17, 2002
    Mountain Top, PA
    I just jammed with a new band yesterday. I have a Genz Shuttle 6.0 210 on back order for this up and coming date (the store lied to me about it being in-stock when I purchased it online). I was going to get a Mesa Walkabout Scout new locally but figured I'd just see how the LM60 fared.

This is the second one I've owned and I've used with with guitars (and maybe a light drummer once or twice IIRC) but never had to push it hard in the past.

It held up very well in a medium sized room with a 100W SS Fender head through a 12" cab and a medium-hitting drummer and vox though a good sized PA. I played a p-bass and it sounded great in the room and it was the only thing that came though recorded direct. It's the drummer's home studio and there were issues (which I ended up correcting) with how the PA and the recording were set up. Once we got the room mix sounding good, we had no way to monitor the recorded mix short of burning to disc and running it through a crappy little walmart cd player alarm clock looking things. After i thought we had decent levels, it ended up not mixing well in the end but the LM60 sounded awesome (actually it was about all you could hear)!

I just thought I'd start a thread on this little monster. It seems there aren't too many of them out there. You can get them used for about what a SABDDI goes for new... I'd bet that with an 8 Ohm extension cab hooked up, this would give adequate stage volume for a lot of venues and even do small gigs on it's own. I was pleasantly surprised and glad I didn't throw away a bunch of dough on something I didn't need to.