1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Tech 21 oxford noise

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by melloncollie, Nov 28, 2017.

1. melloncollie

melloncollie Supporting Member

Nov 27, 2016
    So I just got a tech 21 Oxford and while it sounds good it introduces a ton of noise into the signal enough to where you can’t really boost treble at all. Is this normal or is something wrong? I’m using a one spot but that’s never given me problems before.

2. cataract

cataract Supporting Member

Feb 14, 2007
    Richmond, VA
    I'm using a 1spotv 9v w/daisy chain to power mine, same results. Pretty sure it's the nature of the pedal.

3. ThrewSilver

ThrewSilver Banned

Apr 11, 2017
    I can double check on mine but I definitely don't remember any bad noise issues. Fwiw I never use a 1-Spot.

4. warrplayer

warrplayer

Apr 16, 2008
    Charlotte, NC
    I just got one yesterday after trying a friend’s a few weeks back! I notice the level, character and drive knobs all add gain so they are very interactive, and if I raise any two of those significantly there is definitely realstic ‘amp’ noise. And this is made more prominent with the treble knob. I don’t consider it unusable, but like the svt model on my Zoom ms-60b it isn’t something I would use in anything other than a rock setting.

AlexanderB and cataract like this.