1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Tech 21 Power Engine 300??

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Quadzilla, Apr 20, 2006.

1. Quadzilla

Quadzilla Supporting Member

OK folks, I just ordered one of these to pair up with my Ampeg SVP-Pro (pre-amp). Anybody use one? I know it was a bit of a roll of the dice, but I got it new at a great price. I'm hoping that it's a loud 300 watts. From the description, I get the impression that it is. Hell, my AMP BH-420 can dust most heads that claim twice the wattage so "numbers" don't always mean much!

Info:

http://www.tech21nyc.com/pe300.html

2. Quadzilla

Quadzilla Supporting Member

[​IMG]

These instrument power amplifiers take the transparent Power Engine capabilities to large-venue capacity. Available as either the 300-watt @ 4Ω mono Power Engine 300 or the stereo Power Engine 400 producing 200 watts per side @ 8Ω, these heavy-duty modules will fit in a 2U rack space. The oversized power supply with a toroidal transformer delivers pneumatic punch with a natural transient response, while the tone is pure and uncolored. Each model is super-reliable with top-quality Toshiba power transistors and a heat-sensor equipped cooling fan.

PE-300 ADDITIONAL FEATURES
    Front panel level control(s) with LED indicators for Signal and Clip.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    XLR and 1/4” inputs.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    XLR output(s) with Ground Lift.
    Parallel Speaker Outputs.
    Reliable and versatile for any sound reinforcement application.

SPECIFICATIONS
    Model Number: PW300

XLR Input Impedance: ≥ 3.3KOhm
    1/4” Input Impedance: ≥ 10KOhm
    Nominal Input Level: -10dBm
    Optimal Output Load: 4 Ohms
    RMS Continuous Power Output: 300W RMS @ 4Ω min load
    200W RMS @ 8Ω
    150W RMS @ 16Ω
    XLR Output Level same as input
    AC Input Power (factory set): 100V, 117V, 230V, 240V
    Cycles: 50/60 Hz
    NOTE: Each unit constructed for specific voltages. AC power cannot be switched.
    Unit Dimensions: 17”w x 3.5”h x 10”d
    Overall (with ears, feet and handles): 19”w x 3.8125”h x 11.5”d
    Weight: 22.3 lbs

3. DonBorelli

DonBorelli

Feb 1, 2009
    I'm bumping this thread just to give the Tech 21 Power Engine 300 some "mad love":bassist:

Not much has been written about it, but make no mistake. This is an awesome, musical and LOUD power amp.

Hook it up with any preamp and you're good to go.
    I've finally pulled the trigger on a Sansamp RBI and I expect it to be a match made in heaven.

4. SirMjac28

SirMjac28 Patiently Waiting For The Next British Invasion Gold Supporting Member

Aug 25, 2010
    The Great Midwest
    Ok Quad keep us updated.

5. bongomania

bongomania Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    Quad should have seven years worth of updates by now. ;)