Tech 21 power supply?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Wes Whitmore, Jun 3, 2003.

1. Wes Whitmore

Wes Whitmore Supporting Member

Mar 10, 2003
    Columbus, OH
    I could use a little help here. I have a brand new Tech21 BDDI that I am using in my SKB PB25 board. My digitech compressor pedal and Boss TU-2 tuner work just fine with the 9V power supply that came with the board, but my Sansamp wont. I Event tried making a custom power cable with the polarity reversed, and it won't work. Is anyone using their Sansamp with a power supply? I am sure the offical tech 21 will work, but I want to power it with the pedal board power supply if possible. It seems easy, but I could't get it to work.
  2. mrbaloo

May 9, 2002
    I have a cheap universal power supply and it works ok. (BTW: it can be adjusted to supply almost anything between 1.5 to 12 VDC)

3. King David

King David

Dec 13, 1999
    The boss power supply should work. Mine does also with the tu-2 daisy chain. Your sansamp may be fried. Word to the wise don't use just any power sullpy. I did on my first one and it fried it. I now use a surge protector and a boss power supply.
  4. I just tried the Boss PSA-120T AC adaptor and it worked with my Sansamp BDDI. I always use the Tech21 AC adaptor though.
  5. Wes Whitmore

Wes Whitmore Supporting Member

Mar 10, 2003
    Columbus, OH
    Wow thats weird. My Boss Tu-2 works on my board adapter, but but BDDI won't...
  6. geoffzilla

Oct 30, 2001
    Nashville, TN
    Endorsing Artist: Aguilar Amplification
    I'm having trouble finding the dimensions of the tech 21 adaptor's wall wart. Do you think it would fit in a single rack space power conditioner? It's a snug fit. I tried the power supply for a boss tuner, but it was just barely too wide. If you have the opportunity, could you compare the two and see if tech 21's is any narrower?
    I'd really appreciate it.