1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Tech 21 Sans Amp SABDDI - $130 shipped

Discussion in 'For Sale: Parts, Strings, and Accessories' started by rrybicki, Mar 31, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rrybicki

rrybicki Innocent Bystander

Hey all,

I bought a Tech 21 SABDDI off eBay last week as new. I tried it out and I guess it is just not for me. If you think it could be right for you, here's you chance to get it shipped to your door (continental US) for $130.

I can take and post a picture if your are interested, but I think everone knows what these look like. This one is in brand new condition and includes a 9V lithium battery with maybe 5 or 6 hours of use on it.

If you are interested, PM me or email to Russ (at) standbyscrew (dot) com.

Cheers,

Russ

2. Hey, thanks for the PM regarding your SADDI. Is this the new version that can act as a preamp and drive the power amp directly? I plan to use with a Crown XLS 602 amp without an additional preamp. If it is, I'm interested. Please email me a picture at lightnsail@aol.com or post here.

Here is the version I'm looking for:

[​IMG]

3. rrybicki

Here's a fairly poor shot I took today at lunch.

[​IMG]

I just bought the unit, so it should be fairly current, although you never know how long something has been sitting around. FWIW, the serial number is 6626XX.

Russ

4. Based on my limited knowledge of these units, I believe I need the one with additional switches to drive direct to an amp.

5. Rumzini

Rumzini

Feb 14, 2004
    Jackson, MI
    If you are wanting to drive a power amp...yes.

6. Thanks. I am looking to drive an amp with an SDDI so I'll have to pass on this one.

7. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    There is a resistor that can be removed easily from the older version that allows it to drive a power amp. Tech 21 can tell you how to do it. IIRC, someone posted about asking them, and they e-mailed them back and told them how to do it.

8. rrybicki

FWIW, and I have never tried this, here is a quote from page 2 of the SABBDI manual that came with this unit.

"TO DRIVE A POWER AMP: Run the 1/4" output to the input of a power amp, and adjust your stage volume with the level control of SansAmp Bass Driver DI.
    NOTE: When running into the power amp input of an amp or power amp alone, adjust the level as needed. If you are so inclined, this is the time to crank it!"

As I have said, I have not tried this myself and do not have a power amp to attempt it. I would rely on the advice and experience of other folks on the board who may have tried it. Tech21 claims it can be done, though.

Russ

9. bump

10. rrybicki

Thanks for the interest folks. This item sold about a year ago.

Best Regards,

Russ

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.