Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Tech 21 SansAmp Bass DI .......

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [DB]' started by ADeepShadeOfBlu, Apr 19, 2004.

1. ADeepShadeOfBlu

ADeepShadeOfBlu

Mar 1, 2004
    Have heared they sound great for bass guitar, but would appreiate the forums views on there DB performance.

Over to you.

2. Nick Ara

Nick Ara

Jul 22, 2002
    Long Island, NY
    I've been using the similar model, the Acoustic DI, for about three years now. I have two plywood basses, one with an Underwood P/U, the other with a Realist. Usually I'll use a GK150MB as my main amp, but I've used many others.

In my view, this DI is excellent for DB. It comes with a notch filter (my main reason for choosing this one over the Bass Driver DI which has a footswitch, the main difference).

I pretty much run the amp EQ flat, and do all the EQ'ing from the DI which I can keep at my side (on a music stand, table, etc.) With a high quality battery, it's go for almost an entire year without a change. I Highly Recommend the Acoustic DI, so you might want to check that out first.

3. Ike Harris

Ike Harris

May 16, 2001
    Nashville TN
    I keep this DI around when I need to go through a board live or into a recording console without benefit of a isolation booth. Tonight I used it for a little demo session and in conjunction with a mic, it worked rather well. Sounded more like the Ron Carter effect, but that's not such a bad thing. Had to fight the urge to play glisses and pull-offs, but it worked fine.

4. Been using one for years, combined with various heads, i.e., Mesa Boogie M2000, Walkabout, Walter Woods, EA Iamps. Funny, after a while the amps go, the Sansamp stays. Wouldn't want to do without it.

:bassist:

5. SansAmp DI works pretty well with my old Kay. I use it whenever I play at my church, and want to simply go direct. Plenty of gain, if necessary. It's a workhorse and well worth the price.