Tech 21 SansAmp Para Driver V2 DI or Gallien‑Krueger Plex Preamp

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by Rimshot, Nov 6, 2017.

1. Rimshot

Rimshot Supporting Member

May 4, 2006
    Chicago
    I'm posting here because I don't play out. This will be used with a Fender Blacktop Precision.

I don't much care for distortion so that bit of both is irrelevant beyond a little grit.

Any reason to choose one over the other if cost is not in the equation?

2. Skeptismo

Skeptismo

Sep 5, 2011
    Washington
    Well, the plex has more features. It very well could be more useful to you as an all in one device.

Rimshot likes this.
  3. Rimshot

May 4, 2006
    Chicago
    Probably, but I'm a simple sort of guy. Basic tone shaping (a wee bump here a -3dB cut there) more like an active bass type thing. I'm leaning GK because I like their particular "color".

4. RexxRokket

RexxRokket

Apr 23, 2012
    Hellnezuela
    Tech21 Sansamp is the way to go, like you Im not a lot into distortion or fuzz (even tho this device can go there easily IMO). Im not a pedal guy either, just have a tuner, Boss ODB3 (which I only use in orer to get certain sound when required), Aguilar TLC Compressor and, my always on pedal, the Sansamp Para Driver V2. Actually I just use the Boss ODB3 combined with the SA because someday after some heavy tweaking I found the ''tone'' I was looking for some certain style. You can combine that pedal with almost if not everything you want.

5. Jack

Jack

Sep 6, 2003
    Northumberland, UK
    They sound very different, try Yotube demos and use that to chose.

6. Rimshot

May 4, 2006
    Chicago
    bmac314 likes this.
  7. bmac314

bmac314 Supporting Member

Apr 2, 2015
    Louisiana
  8. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 24, 2022