Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Tech 21 Sansamp RBI

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by joel the bass player, Jul 1, 2001.

1. Right now my amp is an Ampeg SVT-3pro. I saw this new rack mount unit in the AMS catalogue. I was wondering if anyone has any experiance with this or with the pedal version of the bass driver. Will this DI do enough with the sound of my bass to make it noticably fatter. I want a very fat sound, maybe even slightly overdriven. If anyone has any experiance with either of these please comment..Thank You!!

2. rickbass

rickbass Supporting Member

This is kind of hard to express without a sound clip, but the SansAmp won't change the tonal characteristics of your bass significantly, IMO. In other words, if your combination of pickups, woods, and technique give your instrument a thin, "light," "pretty", sound the Bass Driver isn't going to change the character of your tone.

3. SCT1422

SCT1422 Supporting Member

HOWDO... I just tried one on for size today.. I'm going to pick it up Friday.. It sounded great, but I have to try it out on a gig.. What I liked best were the drive, presence and blend controls to help phatten up the sound.. I'll let you if interested in a week or so.. Steve.....

4. SCT1422

Good Day... I just got a chance to try the RBI at home on my own rig.. So far so good.. Iill be trying out on a couple of gigs this week.. Steve...

5. I'm glad that someone will have tried one. A couple of questions:
    How much did you pay for it? (U.S)
    Do you like it?
    Where did you get it?
    Thanks for any comments!

6. SCT1422

HOWDO... I purchased mine at the Guitar Center here in Buffalo for $265.00.. They list at $399.00 and I've had them priced at $299.00.. BassNW I believe will be selling them at $275.00 when they get them in, but please don't quote me on that.. So far I like it... It sounds great, but I'm still working with it... For the money you can't beat it though... I'll let you know soon... Steve.....