1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Tech 21 stack?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by GearHeadBassMan, Sep 23, 2008.

1. ThunderV

ThunderV Is getting yelled at by his cat!! Supporting Member

Mar 26, 2007
    Brunswick, OH
    I am hooked on Tech 21 stuff. I currently run the RBI through a QSC amp and a 8x10 ampeg cabinet. I am convinced that anything they put out will be damn good.:bassist::hyper::bassist:

2. but nobodys using this?

3. In Absentia

In Absentia

Jul 5, 2008
    You can dig up some of the stuff from the Porcupine Tree "Arriving Somewhere But Not Here" DVD. They might even have some clips on YouTube. Try the songs "Don't Hate Me" and "Hatesong".

4. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    I'll give it up to Tech 21 and these other modeling companies. The stuff used to be OK but not amazing. Nowadays they've got some really realistic sounding stuff. It's still not quite the same as the real thing but it's darn sure close enough for live work.

5. Mcrelly

Mcrelly

Jun 16, 2003
    Minnesota, USA
    I liked the RBI preamp with a separate power amp and the 410, but the heads seemed too heavy for their power performance compared to other heads at the time, about 2004.

if 300w into 4 gets you by then GO FOR IT, but if you need more THINK SEPARATES....

6. My son is currently playing on a Tech 21 Landmark 600 with Avatar 4x10 and a 2x12. Awesome sound and very flexible.

7. paganjack

paganjack

Dec 25, 2007
    Los Angeles, CA
    I tried that stack out at my local store- the Landmark 300 w/ 4x10 and 1x15. Not gonna lie, it didn't really wow me. Didn't sound bad, but didn't really sound amazing either.

8. JGR

JGR The "G" is for Gustav Supporting Member Commercial User

Jun 29, 2006
    Maryland
    President, CEO, CFO, CIO, Chief Engineer, Technician, Janitor - Reiner Amplification
    I have two Landmark 600's - the cool part of these heads (and the LM300) is the ability to combine both channels simultaneously with the footswitch. You can get some very complex tones. Can't speak for the 300, but the 600 really has some balls when you push it.

JR

9. I tried the head and I wasn't impressed. Yet my live rig is a power amp and RBI which I love. The Landmark just didn't seem to sound as good as my rig. Sent it back.