1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Tech 21 VT Bass Deluxe vs Tech 21 Leeds

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by hachi kid, Jul 25, 2012.

1. hachi kid

hachi kid

Jun 2, 2008
    Pelham, AL
    so, I'm wanting to get that Entwistle type tone that the Leeds can get, but I'm wanting more options like what the VT Bass Deluxe has (multiple channels). can the VT Bass Deluxe do what the Leeds does, tonally?

2. LSMFT6

LSMFT6 We brake for nobody Supporting Member

Aug 16, 2006
    California
    None
    I think they were supposed to come out a Leeds Deluxe, check out the Tech 21 site.

3. hachi kid

hachi kid

Jun 2, 2008
    Pelham, AL
    hmm....that's exactly what I need.....I don't see anything on the website...but I'll email them

4. shwashwa

shwashwa

Aug 30, 2003
    NJ
    keep us posted please

5. bigtexashonk

bigtexashonk Supporting Member

The VT is a great pedal that does the Ampeg thing very well, but it was a bit too clanky sounding for me. Replaced it with a Leeds and don't miss the clank, but love the Hiwatt sounds, but they're different beasts. Both overdrives and tone shapers, but different takes.

6. hachi kid

hachi kid

Jun 2, 2008
    Pelham, AL
    ^the kind of feedback I'm looking for. Thanks.

And I'll keep you guys posted, indeed.

7. Oxford.

Meaner than both, if you like grind in your tone.:cool:

8. hachi kid

hachi kid

Jun 2, 2008
    Pelham, AL
    I got word back about the Leeds Deluxe

"Dear Joseph,

Thanks for your inquiry. We've been discussing the possibility of introducing a Leeds Deluxe, but between design, prototypes, manufacturing and shipping, it wouldn't be available until next year, at the very least."