1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

tech 21 vt bass

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by LarryO, May 12, 2010.

1. LarryO

LarryO

Apr 4, 2004
    i spent $135 on this pedal and...........ok they are all right this pedal is the best darn thing. WOW, it brought more low and high end to my amp than my bass could.......tons of tone.....just buy it. my amp and bass vesatility has widened so much and i thought i had it covered:hyper:

2. Exploiter8

Exploiter8 Demons run when a good man goes to war

Jan 18, 2010
    Midwest
    Commercial FREE!
    It's as if I had been playing with a heavy blanket over my amp/speakers for the last 30 years and someone finally removed it. It truly is "All That!"

X8

3. swpyne

swpyne Basses R Loaded! Gold Supporting Member

Jul 26, 2005
    Centennial, Colorado
    I totally agree. I picked up one of these a few months ago after hearing another bassist use one at a live show. He had a killer tone that was big and fat yet defined. I asked him how he got that sound and he showed me this pedal. It has changed my whole perception of bass amplification. It makes all my basses sound better.

I won't leave home without it! :D

4. LarryO

LarryO

Apr 4, 2004
    the only part that was a "learning curve" was where to place it in MY signal chain. yours may be different but it did not work well in front of my phaser. I put it last in the chain and use it for songs where i am clean or chorus only but it handles the phaser very well when placed behind also

5. swpyne

swpyne Basses R Loaded! Gold Supporting Member

Jul 26, 2005
    Centennial, Colorado
    I have mine first in line followed by a Roland Chorus and an EHX Bass MircoSynth. It works very well in front of the Chorus but I turn it off when I'm using the MircoSynth.

6. I love it. It's basically an Ampeg tube pre-amp in a stompbox.

7. LarryO

LarryO

Apr 4, 2004
    yeah mine works well in front of or behind a chorus and works well wwith other distortion pedals....just did not work well in front of phaser

8. LarryO

LarryO

Apr 4, 2004
    i have mine set with level to match uncolored volume,, mid scooped all the way down, bass and treble maxed, character and drive at 12 oclock

9. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    pedal of the future.

10. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Pedal of the past, too, considering how many of these threads there've been, and how far back they go. Didn't you start one of these, Jimmy?

11. busta_bird

busta_bird

Mar 11, 2010
    Lexington, KY
    Most folks place it directly before the amp. I'm running a synth wah, big muff, and boss chorus and find it works best after all of the other pedals.

12. LarryO

LarryO

Apr 4, 2004
    i can see it working first or last, it just depends on whats in between and athat phaser didn't work. This is nothing new. any pedal has it's place depending on your path and for me it is what you said....just before the amp.......which makes the level (volume) knob very sensitive...but im loving it

13. LarryO

LarryO

Apr 4, 2004
    fwiw i do have an onbord compresor so that does change things but this pedal is worth the cost. i have my compressor adjusted to help with volume swells from pedals. jesus christ.......a digitech bass overdrive, a boss odb-3, a mxr phase 90, digitech bass multi chorus, a tach 21 vt bass into a peavey bam head ( with 16 user settings consisting of 8 amps and 8 cabs all fully eq adjustable..........) im there...what i do with it is a different story

14. J-Razz

J-Razz

Sep 24, 2009
    KS
    Welcome to the dark side of the Force, young padewan.

15. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    no, but i did do a couple threads comparing it to the real thing.

16. jpTron

jpTron

Apr 19, 2010
    NJ
    I put mine first, before a modded ts7, chorus, trem and delay. I love it there the best.

17. always on.......

unless i am playing dub... then it is the Fx25b ->Boosta Grande=boom!

18. Agito

Agito

Jun 27, 2009
    I'm thinking if I should buy this or the Sansamp Bass Driver Deluxe
    Or should I wait for the VT Bass deluxe?
    I'm looking for a cool fat bass sound with a bit overdrive on top

19. faceinbass

faceinbass

Apr 20, 2008
    KCMO

SFT

20. mrufino1

mrufino1 Supporting Member

Aug 2, 2005
    Nutley, NJ
    I just got my vt bass yesterday and used it in a rehearsal last night. Damn. Amazing. I sold my RBI and submarine to fund it (and the rest of my soon to be pedalboard). But this is EXACTLY what I was looking for.