1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Tech 21 VT DI/Para Driver into power amp

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by dubnyk, Apr 23, 2015.

1. dubnyk

dubnyk Banned

Dec 30, 2010
    Michigan
    I was wondering if anyone has experience running a preamp pedal like the VT Bass DI or Para Driver from Tech 21 into a dedicated power amp, and how good the results are. I'm looking at a Crest Pro-Lite 2DSP or 3DSP (possibly even the newer Peavey IPR2 models). I know that the non-DSP versions have a better input sensitivity but I'd like the additional features of the DSP, although not at the expense of a poor sound because of a mismatch between the pre and power sources. Any thoughts or experienced to share would be appreciated. Thanks!

2. chaosMK

chaosMK

May 26, 2005
    Albuquerque, NM
    Too much hip thrust
    Should work fine. I think the VTDI is a great tool. I run mine into an amp head (sounds so awesome for what I am doing that I havent gotten around to going direct into my power amp yet) but am sure it can function as a decent standalone. I also thought the Darkglass B7K was excellent straight into a power amp, especially if you like more modern-styled rock/metal tones.

3. SBsoundguy

SBsoundguy

Sep 2, 2011
    Los Angeles
    I've ran my paradriver into a power amp. It runs beautifully.

4. Some power amps need more output than the pedals can deliver.