Tech book for bass

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Stephen S, Sep 24, 2002.

1. Stephen S

Stephen S Member

Apr 10, 2002
    San Bernardino, CA
    Is there an all around tech book for bass? A book that will teach me how everything works and what everything is called? I'm tired of referring to parts as thingies.
  2. Read a few copies of Bass Player mag, you'll know it all in no time.
  3. But I thought 15 year olds knew it all already... ;)
  4. Boplicity

Boplicity Supporting Member

Here's three to consider:

The Bass Player Book: Equipment, Technique, Styles and Artists by Karl Coryat, ED. $16.95

The Working Bassist's Tool Kit: The Art and Craft of Successful Bass Playing with CD, by Ed Friedland, $13.95

These two can be purchased as a set at for $30.04

Guitar Player Repair Guide: How to Set Up, Maintain and Repair Electrics and Acoustics by Dan Erlewine, $16.07

D.I.Y. Guitar Repair by Pieter J. Fillet, $6.95

All are available at You might also check
  5. Boplicity

Boplicity Supporting Member

It occurs to me that you may also want technical advice about your sound equipment too. I have a book I can't find right this minute. It is strictly sound technology from speakers to amps to cables to PA systems and very technical.

I think it is called "Sound Reinforcement." I can't remember who wrote it. It is paperback, but thick and was quite costly as I recall...around $25.00 or so. When I say it is technical, I mean that this book may have MORE than you want to know.

One last idea. We have a lutheirs folder here at TalkBass. Check it out and see if you can find what you need there.
  6. Stephen S

Stephen S Member

Apr 10, 2002
    San Bernardino, CA
    I'm not looking for help with my bass playing i just want to learn about the techie side of bass. I want to know how to hook everything up properly and the names of everything im hooking up.