Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

tech help blown or shorted power section

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Kevinlee, Jun 22, 2005.

1. Kevinlee

Kevinlee

May 15, 2001
    Phx, AZ..USA
    I have one of those Behringer BX3000T that I have around for a back up amp. I let someone borrow it and they ended up running a speaker cable from one speaker in to the other speaker in of the amp. No speaker involved. I found this out when I went over there after they complained the amp wasn't working. Idiot...Anyway I checked the line out and the preamp section still works but not the power section. The clip light stays on.

Since I don't feel like really spending any money to repair a behringer amp that was only a back up anyway, is there a way for me to trouble shoot this or something in particular I can check or fix?

Thanks
    Kevinlee

2. erm, im not sure, but i think thats the power section ****ed :S

That really sucks tho, thats why i never let anyone else touch my stuff

[B. Bashing] probably put it out of its missery [/B. Bashing]

3. Tim__x

Tim__x

Aug 13, 2002
    Alberta, Canada
    Chances are, if it didn't let out any "magic smoke", it merely blew a fuse.

4. Kevinlee

Kevinlee

May 15, 2001
    Phx, AZ..USA
    Really... Would that cause the clip light to stay on as well?

Kevinlee

5. Eric Moesle

Eric Moesle Supporting Member

Sep 21, 2001
    Columbus OH
    Good news: It happened to a Behringer and you're not out much money.

Bad news: It happened to a Behringer, and it'll likely be cheaper just to replace it, as cheap as they are.

6. Kevinlee

Kevinlee

May 15, 2001
    Phx, AZ..USA
    Yea, it's not a huge loss or anything. In the past two years or so I've only needed to use it one week while my main amp (a.i. clarus) was being serviced. So like I said if I have to put money into it I will just pick up something else for a backup. Probably a used GK.

kevinlee