Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Tech Sound Cabinets

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Sammy, Aug 31, 2000.

1. Sammy

Sammy

Aug 31, 2000
    SoCal
    I was wondering if anyone has A/B'ed the Tech Sound Systems cabinets with other cabinets (EA, Eden, Epifani, etc.). There are several things about the cabinets (LT2000 - 2x12 plus horn) that are appealing: they're light (54 lbs.), have a good low frequency rating, and they wear well (Bass Player interview with Norwood Fisher), and they're hundreds less than comparable (?) cabinets. The problem I have is I've "read" these things, and I haven't been able to ears next to one. The only store I know that carries Tech is the LA Bass Exchange. Thanks - Sammy.

2. Bob C

Bob C

Mar 26, 2000
    Duluth, MN
    I understand they make a preamp too. Does anyone know their web address?

3. winston

winston Supporting Member

May 2, 2000
    Berkeley, CA
    Go to salwender.com. I wanted to check Tech stuff out when I went amp shopping recently but I didn't get a chance. I know there's also a place in Monterey, CA that carries their stuff and I've seen some at bassgear.com. There was a glowing review of a Tech setup in the "Essential Bass Albums " in BP several yrs. ago.