Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

TECH soundsystems anyone?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Jackbass, Apr 29, 2004.

1. Jackbass

Jackbass

Dec 19, 2003
    Paris (FRANCE)
    Hi,
    I would like to know your opinion on TECH soundsysems amps and cabs.
    Is there owners here, and have you got pics?

Thanks

2. bmc

bmc

Nov 15, 2003
    Switzerland
    Should that be JacquesBass instead of JackBass? :D

Bonjour voisin.

I listened to there 600 watt head into their 610 cabinet in a very large store that was empty one day. I had dropped off my bass for some work and one their salesman is a very impressive player and he wanted to try out my bass. He really cranked it up and let loose.

Very loud full sound. Deep bottom. Very clear penetrating bass. It makes a difference listening to amps with your own basses.

I was very impressed.

Salut :bassist:

3. I don't actually own one, but I tried them out at the musikmesse last year (didn't get around to go to their booth this year) and I can only agree with bmc, although I did find that the mid to upper midrange was slightly underpronounced (or perhaps only flatter frequency response than most cabs?) , the cabs I tried out were the 2x10 and the 2x12, and the 2x12 had slightly more bottom and was a bit louder, but was otherwise almost equal.

So, IMO their cabs are great, although I do prefer Glockenklang cabs (of course those weigh approx. 10-20kg more) and the amps are also very nice, the Black Cat being the best sounding one.

4. Cosmiceddie

Cosmiceddie

Aug 18, 2014
    Switzerland
    I've been using Tech Soundsystem products for years:

Tech Para Amp 500
    Tech 4x12" cab

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The sound I get with this rig is simply awesome and I don't wish for anything else.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2014
  5. bucephylus

bucephylus Supporting Member Commercial User

Aug 18, 2002
    General Manager TecPadz LLC
    Tech Sound is now TecAmp; and there is a rather large thread devoted to them.

Hey, Cosmic do you have the compact form of the 4x12 or the front baffled? I was in the same town in MI as the US rep, TB'er Bassmanfreddo, at the time and still have 2 of the compact 2x12's. And, they are still amazing. I remember Fred producing one of the front baffled 4x12's for Rhonda Smith. It was totally awesome.

6. Cosmiceddie

Cosmiceddie

Aug 18, 2014
    Switzerland
    This is my old Tech Soundsystem rig:
    Thank you for the heads-up. I'll be posting some pictures of my rig as soon as I'm allowed to.