Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Tech soundsystems are building CRAZY CABS!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by BassJunkie730, Aug 19, 2005.

1. BassJunkie730

BassJunkie730

Feb 3, 2005
    Brooklyn
    I checked out the website while foraging for some prices for the Bag End S15D-B and I stumbled on two cabs that kinda scare me. A 6x12!!!! and a thing called the Bad Cab that has 10 drivers in it! They are doing some crazy things over there in Germany!!! (not denmark.)

here's the link http://www.tech-soundsystems.de/eng/home/index.html

By the way anyone know what the foremention BE cab will run me I'm thinking about adding one to my Schro1210. Or maybe I'll just go all out and refit my rig with bag ends.

oh boy oh boy a 6 12!!! :bag:

2. brooklynbassguy

brooklynbassguy Supporting Member

Feb 8, 2004
    maplewood, nj, usa
    Just so you know, Techsound is german. They used to make cabs similiar to Schroeders with an angled, neo 12. I had 2 of them some years ago. They were cool, and light...

3. prockenklang

prockenklang

May 22, 2003
    Monterey,Ca.
    Tech Sound Systems products are made in Germany,not Denmark!

John

4. That thing looks like a refridgerator. It would be cool if it had a compartment for alcoholic beverages. :D

5. el_Kabong

el_Kabong

Jul 11, 2005
    Don't forget to check out the LFA powered pleasure board and matching pleasure pump in the accessories dept. Those guys certainly seem to enjoy their work.

6. Jackbass

Jackbass

Dec 19, 2003
    Paris (FRANCE)
    I never had a better sound with other amps.
    The bad cat head is just incredible. I tried it with the bad cab (2*15-2*12-4*10 and 2*6 but I m not sure).

It's definitly my dream amp. Not warm, but Really HOT! Very clear, powerful and very dynamic. But the price is... :meh:

One day, it will be mine! :D

7. yup, seen em before :p

8. Toasted

Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    Are the Tech "active cabs" powered cabs, just by another name?

9. Jackbass

Jackbass

Dec 19, 2003
    Paris (FRANCE)
    yes they have an amplification section.180 watts I think.

You can plug a preamp pedal, or pod...

10. popinfresh

popinfresh

Dec 23, 2004
    Melbourne, Aus
    180 watt doesn't seem much?

They seem to defy the law of physics.. Their 6x12 weighs what was it, 75 pounds or so? That's just, wow..

11. Aj*

Aj*

Jun 14, 2005
    West Yorkshire, UK
    I've been shamelessly promoting them recently, I may get a chance to try them out as I'm visiting a few family friends in Hamburg in a weeks time and there is a tech dealer in Hamburg.

Next rig if I can raise the money, it's gonna be a tech 6x12 and something valvey. Bliss.

12. Piezoman

Piezoman

Nov 29, 2002
    Bronx, New York
    Are they good cabs? They seem to be loud and massive enouigh at light wieghts. Do they compare to Epifani's and Bergs?

13. Jack

Jack

Sep 6, 2003
    Newcastle, UK
    The very few people that have tried them seem to think so.

14. jerry

jerry Doesn't know BDO Gold Supporting Member

Dec 13, 1999
    Hawaii
    I had a Tech preamp & 2/12 cab in the 90's........they sounded great! Tech was one of the first companies to start using 12's again.

15. wow, can you imagine how heavy an active 6x12" or a 10 driver cab would be.... YIKES!
    You'd have to sell that with a truss...
    Randy

16. Ostinato

Ostinato Guest

Feb 7, 2005
    Toronto ON
    They look nice. I guess the prices are considered average by Euro standards, but man....I dunno if I could cough up $1300 [​IMG] for a 210. :meh:

17. thedoctor

thedoctor

Jun 20, 2005
    I think that is a very positive step forward. The 8 10" and 4 10" cabs have been done to death. There was a Super Bassman cab in the late 60s-early 70s that had 4 12". Not too shabby when all you got is 65 watts. Then the dang guitar guys started using our amps and they became "half-stacks". Bassists are just ahead of their time.

18. 4Mal

4Mal Supporting Member

Jun 2, 2002
    Columbia River Gorge
    Not sure about in the east, but in the Northwest, Bass Northwest (www.bassnw.com) is the Bag End dealer of choice.

I'm sure the Tech stuff is cool and all, but I find that side firing stuff sounds pretty boomy. Before the flame starts, a buddy who lives close by has a 1210 and an EA 12. Along with an iamp 800. I try to catch him playing live every couple of weeks. I haven't seen anything ther than the EA cab for months ... YMMV. For my part. I prefer direct radiating cab's as they seem to have better definition. One thing for sure. The 1210 put's out huge volume for it's size. No question there.

19. Jackbass

Jackbass

Dec 19, 2003
    Paris (FRANCE)
    The black cat and bad cab are my GAS priority!!!! :bassist: