1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD Tech Soundsystems Bassline LX-2000 2x12" with coaxial tweeters

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by groovaholic, Aug 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. groovaholic

groovaholic The louder the better.

Sep 19, 2004
    Grand Rapids, MI
    This is a really great sounding cabinet, and it was one of the earlier attempts at a hi-fi design. The company evolved into TecAmp and is very well-regarded still.

I remember their ads in Bass Player mag back in the early to mid 90's, so that indicates that this cab is probably 15-18 years old...it's in good shape, considering!

The only modifications I've made to it are to replace the acoustical insulation (it was crumbling), install rubber feet, and replace one of the XLR speaker jacks with a Speakon jack.

I'm selling primarily because I play a 5-string in a LOUD band and don't want to mess up these drivers; I have no idea how I would get them reconed or replaced. It would be ideal for someone in a more moderate-volume situation.

The additional factor is that I'm going to be moving soon, and I need to decrease the amount of bass gear I have!

The weight of this cab isn't "neo", but neither is it a boat anchor. While I'd prefer to sell this locally, I will ship if you cover shipping costs.

Asking [DEL]$200[/DEL] $150 (+ shipping, if applicable)

Make an offer & trades considered...

2. groovaholic

Sep 19, 2004
    Grand Rapids, MI
    Here are some more pics of the cabinet.

3. wynsmth

wynsmth

Nov 13, 2003
    Camarillo, CA.
    These are great sounding speakers. I have the coaxial 4 12" cab that has 2 speakers angled like the earlier Schroeder cabs. Old school heavy but killer sounding. I'd be all over this if it was 8 ohms. GLWTS!

4. bucephylus

bucephylus Supporting Member Commercial User

Aug 18, 2002
    General Manager TecPadz LLC
    That should be an 8 ohm cab. I still have a CT2000 and a CX2000, both 8 ohm cabs; though they are "retired." I bought them when I lived in MI some years back from Totally Cool Bass Gear, the assembler and distributor at the time. I knew those folks pretty well and have never seen a 2x12 4ohm cab. They never made those to my knowledge.

5. groovaholic

Sep 19, 2004
    Grand Rapids, MI
    The cab has two 8-ohm drivers wired in parallel.

The 12's are run full-range and the tweeters are run off a high-pass filter.

DCR (related to impedance, but, admittedly, not the same) is 3.4 ohms, which seems about right for a total load of 4 ohms.

6. bucephylus

bucephylus Supporting Member Commercial User

Aug 18, 2002
    General Manager TecPadz LLC
    That would be correct but VERY unusual. Fred Reitz never mentioned those drivers. Somewhat surprising. Should be a pretty robust single solution cab.

7. wynsmth

wynsmth

Nov 13, 2003
    Camarillo, CA.
    I got mine from Totally Cool Bass Gear as well. Met Fred at the NAMM show & if I recall, the reason I got the 4 12 instead of 2 212s was the ohm issue. I wanted to be able to bridge my power amp & that meant staying at 8 ohms. I believe the 2 12s could be either 4 or 8 ohms.

8. groovaholic

Sep 19, 2004
    Grand Rapids, MI
    It's a GREAT sounding single-cab solution, but it doesn't seem to love the Low-B at the levels that my Peavey Classic 400 or Mesa M6 put out.

And I don't want to endanger drivers that I couldn't easily recone/replace...

9. groovaholic

Sep 19, 2004
    Grand Rapids, MI
    Found a cab locally that I've been searching for for a LONG time, so I'm dropping the price on this:
    $150 + shipping

10. groovaholic

Sep 19, 2004
    Grand Rapids, MI
    TRADES:
    Today I discovered that some time in the last few days, my iPod and GPS got stolen -- so if you have either or both of THOSE items to trade, I'd be game.

Otherwise, I really need cash at this point. :(

11. groovaholic

Sep 19, 2004
    Grand Rapids, MI
    I just played through it again and was blown-away (yet again) by how great it sounds.

I might just keep it...

12. groovaholic

Sep 19, 2004
    Grand Rapids, MI
    Between wanting to keep the cab and having a prospective buyer serious enough to ask for my PayPal info -- I haven't been hawking it lately.

But, it's still available, still sounds amazing, and could probably sound even BETTER with some refinements to the port.

$150 + shipping

I'd MUCH rather keep this one than sell for anything less than that...

13. groovaholic

Sep 19, 2004
    Grand Rapids, MI
    This is an AMAZING sounding cab for stomp-box prices.

I'm kind of astounded that nobody has hopped on it yet.

It may just be because most folks haven't heard one of these.

I recommend you search the amps forum for mention of these (or other Tech Soundsystems) cabs and PM the posters to get THEIR opinion.

I'm obviously biased due to trying to SELL it...but this cab will be a MAJOR score for someone (if, unlike me, they can afford to keep it)

14. groovaholic

Sep 19, 2004
    Grand Rapids, MI
    This cab is STILL HERE ! ! ! ! !

I'll admit to being surprised...I figured I was UNDER-pricing it.

15. groovaholic

Sep 19, 2004
    Grand Rapids, MI
    Still available, still $150.

I won't go any lower on a cab that sounds THIS good. I'd rather just keep it.

But if you want a FANTASTIC sounding cab for $150 + shipping, this is one of the best...

16. groovaholic

Sep 19, 2004
    Grand Rapids, MI
    Still here, still available, although I may bring it to Music Go Round tomorrow and see what they'll give me for it...

17. groovaholic

Sep 19, 2004
    Grand Rapids, MI
    SOLD (to Music Go Round, Littleton, CO)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.