Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Tech Soundsystems CT2000 2x12 cab - compact

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by geshel, Feb 23, 2003.

1. geshel

geshel

Oct 2, 2001
    Seattle
    Tech Soundsystems, CT2000 compact 2x12 + tweeter cab. Very compact for a 2x12 (14.5" high x 22" wide x 16" deep). Weighs about 50 pounds. I bought it new about 6 months ago, have only used it three or four times.

Has a thick low end, and a very crisp high end. I've got enough of both of those qualities from my basses and rack, so I'm going to stick with my EA VL-110s for now. It's medium volume, 125w in a loud bar w/ a drummer and a baritone guitar was not quite enough.

I bought this for $420, so make me an offer for not too much less than that perhaps.

It's the second from the top in this picture. The second twelve is behind the tweeter, angled to the left:

[​IMG]

2. Any specs you could post on that?

3. geshel

geshel

Oct 2, 2001
    Seattle
    That's all I know. I can tell you now, low B sounds good through it, very solid and punchy. But it's got nothing at 30Hz, same as many other decent cabs out there. The ultra-small box, and high-ish tuning frequency (I'd guess around 50Hz), mean that. I haven't played a Bag End S15 but I think they're in the same boat that way.

4. geshel

geshel

Oct 2, 2001
    Seattle
    Bump.

5. geshel

geshel

Oct 2, 2001
    Seattle
    Nobody wants this little monster of a cab? :D

6. Jeff Moote

Jeff Moote Supporting Member

Oct 11, 2001
    Beamsville, ON, Canada
    I want it, but I don't have that money around... so alas, I can't

7. geshel

geshel

Oct 2, 2001
    Seattle
  8. PhatBasstard

PhatBasstard Spector Dissector Supporting Member

Feb 3, 2002
    Las Vegas, NV.
    [​IMG]

This is the back panel of some of them (I have 2, one with this and one blank) to help give you some info. RMS is listed at 300 so peak is probably around 600.

I also have one of these cabs for sale (I'm keeping one) if anybody is interested. I somewhat disagree with geshel on the output capabilities of these. I can drive one with my HARTKE 7000 in a semi-loud band and it does just fine. 125watts is just not enough to do these cabs justice.

9. geshel

geshel

Oct 2, 2001
    Seattle
    Sold.